Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy 2010

Happy New Year to everyone! How I long to see what this year has to bring. I just finished watching the movie Julie and Julia and I have been inspired to blog again! How the holidays make one tired eh? I am so tired now and am ready to take a wee break from hosting. Just for a couple of days. It seems that we had hosted for the last 5 days straight. Don't get me wrong, I love to have people over and entertain, like I love it! But 5 days in a row was just a wake up call to how tiring it can be. On a positive note, I made my first turkey dinner. My dad came over and pulled out all the yucky stuff and showed me what to do and then we put it in the oven and it was left up to me to keep it cooking nicely. It was a lot of fun! I also made my first batch ever of shortbread cookies! I was so stoked about them! I was given many cookie cutters and I was so excited to use all of them! And the empty container which was once full of shortbread cookies is now vacant which only means that they were good enough to eat! I loved how Brenton came out of his coma to the aroma of shortbread first thing in the morning, claiming that he loved his life! haha. I was smart though you see, there is more shortbread to come because I only used half of the dough and froze the rest. The recipe makes 6 dozen and I didn't need that many since there were many other baked treats to present. This year I made Chocolate Chip cookies, no bake cookies, peanut butter marshmellow squares, Moose Balls (my favorite), brownies, and of course shortbread cookies! Not to mention all the chocolate that was bought! Whew!

I really enjoyed being surrounded by friends and family this year. I severely missed being near my sister and her family. I am sorry to my nephew Big G for not being able to give him what he really wanted this Christmas (a cousin), maybe next year =)

To all my fellow bloggers, a very Happy New Year to you all! I pray that 2010 brings nothing but happiness!

No comments:

Followers