Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Date Night

Well it's Tuesday and normally today would be clean house day. It got pushed off because I had a bunch of running around to do and when I got home I was too tired to carry on the journey of cleaning. I'm excited for tonight though. Why you may ask?

Because my husband is wonderful and taking me out on a date night. How exciting. It's going to be
dinner and a movie. I can hardly wait. It comes down to two movies to choose from. One is "Extraordinary Measures" and the other is "Leap Year". I'm hoping for "Leap Year" because it's got my new favorite actress Amy Adams in it. I enjoy watching her in both "Enchanted" and "Julie and Julia".

Today has been another hard day. Only because every time I thought I had made progress I end
ed up having to take a couple steps backwards. Frustrating after it happened for the third time in a matter of hours. But I'm going to listen to my husband and hold my chin up and keep on trudging through. It's like I told one of the people I talked to today, there's so much paper work and hidden paper work, but in the end it's worth it because I will be doing what I want and enjoy doing. This too shall pass and I will look back and laugh....someday....right??!! It's just hard when you're in the middle of the trenches and can't see what's over that tall mountain ahead of you. In the wise words of Psalty the Singing Song Book, "One Step at a time". That's all we can do. If we were to take two steps at a time we would run out of energy a lot faster, or land on our faces, because we'd be hopping. Well, I'm no hopper so one step at a time it is.

Could you imagine what it must
have been like to take a step out onto the water from the boat. To walk out to Jesus....like how surreal that must have been. The only time I've ever walked on water was when it was frozen, not out in the middle of the Sea.

Anyways, just some food for thought.
Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers