Monday, January 25, 2010

Games/Love/Life

Today is Monday and I have started the job-hunt once again, *sigh*. I am learning to trust and be patient for God to open the door. Have you ever been in this place? It's hard. When other people say it I always try to be sympathetic but in reality inwardly I'm a little...I don't know, not skeptic, but questioning. Like are they really searching or just sitting back and waiting. And I apologize if I've ever done that to you...even though you probably didn't know I did. But I have and now being in this position I find it to be a very hard and some-what scary place. Not because I'm afraid, but it's a lot of taking steps out in faith. I love to be comfortable. To have something stable. But right now I'm somewhat unsettled.

My marriage (that still sounds so weird) is in great shape. I am in love with my best friend and he loves me back :) He's so understanding and silly. I sometimes don't give him enough credit and am learning to trust that he has the best intentions always. I love that he plays with me! We have so much fun together. We are able to laugh and I'm just so happy that he picked me.

I went to games night last night. This is a new group that has started out of our church. It's a group of young adults who get together every Sunday evening and we play games. Last Sunday was the introductory session. When I first walked in I was awoken to the mass array of babies. I announced that I did not know this was a BYOB (bring your own baby). The host of this party and I were the only two females without a baby (outside or inside the womb), however she had two puppies and allowed me to adopt one for the evening. And that's just what I did. It was a lot of fun. So last night we had our secondary games night. This time it was not mandatory to BYOB. And I brought my one friend with me and we had so much fun playing Taboo. It was funny to listen to what people would yell out and created a lot of laughter. Both my friend and I decided that this would be "Our thing" to do on Sunday evenings. Our husbands are more than welcome to join us any time, but we would commit to going and even hosting to games night on Sunday evenings.

Well that's about there is all to report. My break from job searching is now over and I must get back to the old grind. Until next time.

Michelle

3 comments:

white girl said...

Is the friend that you took along the same friend that I met on Skype awhile ago? If so, playing Taboo with her would be SO MUCH FUN and SO LOUD! We should have a games night while we're visiting in the summer.

Michelle said...

Yes it is the same friend you met :) We should totally have a games night when you're here visiting! Turkey dinner and games! Sounds like fun!!! Oh I have something to ask you next time we're on skype. Don't let me forget.

white girl said...

Oh man! Wake up! I can't wait to find out what you want to ask me! Ohhhhhhhh.... I love surprises! I hate waiting.... WAKE UP!!

Followers