Friday, January 22, 2010

Baking Day-Behind the Scenes

TGIF everyone. I'm hoping to hear back today from the place in which I had an interview. I really hope they have decided to go with me. But if not I'm going to be ok with it and keep on going. It's obvious that God has a plan and that I have to really work on my patience. At this point I hate waiting. Maybe there is a lesson here? hum.

Yesterday was a great day of baking. I love using my cookie cutters. They are such a happy thing. It reminds me of making cookies with my Grandma. She always had cookie cutters and it was so much fun decorating the cookies with sparkles and those little silver balls that taste so gross but look so good.

Yesterday while I was baking I watched the movie Julie and Julia. I could watch that movie over and over. My favorite scene is when she's having her meltdown in the kitchen lying on the floor. I laughed so hard at that the first time I saw it. Why? Because I relate to that. Haha. I had asked Brenton what he would do if he were to come home to me lying on the floor in the kitchen...his response...I'm just waiting for that day. Anyways, while I was baking cookies I watched the movie (instead of talking to my audience) and I even wore my pearls in the kitchen. It was such a fun time. Even though I was technically alone, I didn't feel like I was.

My friend talked with me later and laughed and laughed and asked me if I had dressed up on purpose? I hadn't. But she laughed and said that talking to the "audience" has gone to far. I am guilty of setting up the camera and putting on the self timer to get those (one very fuzzy) pictures of myself in the kitchen.

After the baking was complete Brenton and I had every 5 year old's dream dinner. We had Kraft dinner with cookies and chocolate milk. B was so happy and I was too. It turned out to be just a fun day over all.

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers