Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hockey Night in Canada

So here I am again. You have yet another hockey game to thank. Yes that's right, the third game this week! Don't these players do anything else? What do their girlfriends and wives think? I was thinking just today (as they were singing the anthem) they must stink after the game. Like really stink! And who does their laundry? I always make up little stories in my head of what they will do after the game. I pretend that all the players go out to a quiet local pub to sip on a beverage and discuss the outcome of the game. They strategize their next game and come up with some plays to try out. Sometimes I wonder if they get into a heated dispute with another player on their team and give them the cold shoulder. Or maybe they are just so homesick of spending time with their loved one that they opt to take her out on the town (after a long shower). Needless to say I'm rarely watching the game to watch the game but to allow my imagination to go wild and write the stories of their lives in my head. Weird?! Maybe. Fun?! Totally!

Update, it's the first period and Canucks are up by 3/0. Brenton was so excited that he shouted and then came over and shook my head with the palm of his hand. (A little weird I must confess). But nonetheless exciting! I'm happy when they win because a good game = a happy husband.

Haha, there was one really good fight in the game just a minute ago. It actually made me laugh and say out loud, "He must have older brothers". Why would I say this? Because he could definitely hold his own! He took him down (literally) with a lot of flare.

The first time I ever went to a live hockey game I was shocked at the fighting. For some reason I thought it was more hyped up for tv. But being there and seeing it happen right in front of me made me realize these guys aren't playing around.

Well, I'm just rambling. Today has been a very lazy day. I woke up and burnt the bacon(literally). I had never made bacon before and had the element on way too hot. And made more bacon, hash browns and scrambled eggs(for Brenton since I'm not yolk friendly). Then I ate my hash browns and had a 3 hour nap. That's right 3 hours! After which I woke up and sat around playing a little bit of video games and lazing around.

This evening has been more fun. We went for dinner with B's parents and that was fun! They were off to watch a movie. Lucky ducks! haha. Well, I guess I should stop my rambling for now. Until next time

Michelle

1 comment:

white girl said...

The funniest part of this post is that you imagine those hockey players "sipping" their beverage. LOL

Followers