Tuesday, January 05, 2010

MMM...the smell of a washroom

Tuesday in my house is clean up day. I have a little routine that I enjoy doing. I start with cleaning up the bedroom, make the bed clean up the laundry and sort it into piles. I start one load, usually the towels from our bathroom first and while it goes I start tidying up the living room and the kitchen. Then I dust the entire place (my least favorite chore). Once the first load of laundry stops and I have to put it into the dryer I put the second load in the washer and then the fun really starts. I find I am more productive if I have two loads going at the same time (one in the washer and one in the dryer) than it's like I'm racing it. Can I get both washrooms clean before they're done?? Well can I? Usually yes! Unless I find something shiney or facebook like. I might be weird for saying this but I enjoy cleaning the washrooms. I love spraying the entire counter down and the sink. I have a different cleaner for each washroom so I don't get bored of the smell. And oh how they smell so good as soon as they're clean. But is it just me or right after you clean the toilet you hold your next pee for as long as possible so you don't destroy your art work. Those blue bubbles don't form themselves!! This may be an illness because it's gotten to the point where I'm excited to buy the toilet bowl cleaner, and thrilled when I find it in a 2 pack!

Now that my washroom affair is over I move on to folding the laundry and putting the next cycle through. Sometimes I vacuum (very rarely). This is not because I am lazy, but because I dare not take the joy from my husband who finds it to be relaxing. I don't really like vacuuming either so for this to be a joy for him to do is AWESOME!! I'm one very lucky girl!

We are having a couple of friends over tonight who have never been here before, and it excites me that it just so happened to be house cleaning day so it's already presentable and I don't have to sweat....except tomorrow is baking day and I have nothing to serve them

No comments:

Followers