Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun Weekend!!

I have missed another day informing you of my life. I have a valid excuse though! B and I had some company over from the UK and we were busy hosting! It was so much fun to see our friends. Jeff and Sarah. It's so weird to think that the last time I saw Sarah was when Brenton and I were just dating. So much has changed. Jeff stood up in our wedding party. Now B and I are married and J & S are pregnant! So much to celebrate!

I made a new stew the other day. I thought it tasted good, but it was sooooo thick. I don't think I will make that one again. It's a turkey stew and I used my handy dandy crock pot to make it. I over came that fear and am now comfortable using this appliance.

I also over came my fear of my kitchen aid and used it for the first time on Sunday. I have never used a mixer mixer before. I always use my hand to stir things in. Let's just say my wrist thanks Kitchen Aid for taking the brunt of the work. It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. So far 2010 is over coming fears and they really aren't as scary as my mind thinks they are going to be. I wonder if that goes for all things in life. Our imaginations create this outcome and we believe it....but once we step out and go for it we find that it's not that bad. "I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me."

All in all to say that we had such a wonderful weekend. Playing games and chilling out with our good friends. Hopefully we will get to see them again soon when we go to visit them!!

No comments:

Followers