Tuesday, January 19, 2010

That time of the Week

Hello and HAPPY TUESDAY!!! Do you remember what Tuesday is in my house? It's house cleaning day! That's right....the aroma of clean washrooms is upon us. But since I already went into my joy for that smell last week, I will spare you this week. We might just have to have a sequel next week though.

I have yet to make the stew. I made the chicken last night (I had forgotten to do that earlier yesterday - hence why I'm making it today). I even did all the cutting of the chicken last night so it's all ready to be dumped into the crock pot. It's going to be like having a cooking show when all the ingredients are cut up and just ready to be put in so the viewer doesn't have to wait through the cutting process. Do you ever pretend you're on a cooking show when you're cooking? Sometimes I do. I even talk out loud like someone is watching and I have to explain my every action so they can follow along. Crazy, maybe, fun, totally!

Brenton usually wonders what I'm doing while I'm in the kitchen because he can hear me muttering. I have actually turned around to see him standing there watching me and laughing. I really do not intend it for an actual audience but sometimes it happens and I love that my viewer(s) get a laugh out of it.

My sister and I use to watch the Wedding Story and Baby Story on TLC a long time ago. We would sometimes mock it and pretend to talk to the "camera's" around us and dialogue what we were doing. It was so much fun...especially since the majority of the time we would play this little game we were in the mall or somewhere public. Nothing like making yourself appear totally nuts than while out on family outing. Isn't that what family outings are for?

Well, I should get back to the wonderful world of cleaning. It beckons for me. Can't you hear it? I have a dare for you: I dare you to talk to the "audience" while you make dinner tonight. (It's actually quite nice because than you don't feel so alone in the kitchen).

1 comment:

white girl said...

I am going into the kitchen immediately to do an imaginary cooking show. haha! Fun times!

And as for crazy family outings, all I have to say is, "Mooooo" haha!

Followers