Monday, January 04, 2010

Sometimes I want to Scream!

Today started my first day of job hunting. Vigorous job hunting. I applied to one position at the Y, working with children. I doubt I will get that job or a call back because the deadline was on Dec 15. I didn't come across the call out for it though until late last night. So I took the chance and applied anyways. I will call them back tomorrow to see if the position has been filled. I also looked into a few different day cares and sent away for my ECEA letter. This is just a letter stating that I am qualified to be an assistant in pre-schools and day cares. I pray that I will be hired soon.

Another note, the children's pastor at church asked me on Sunday if I would be interested in helping with one of the children in church. She has some special needs and needs a worker to assist her, and in order to allow her parents to be able to participate in church they need some help. I of course jumped at the chance. I was able to get to know her a little bit in the children's program I helped out with in the fall. I am so excited at this opportunity!

So far 2010 has presented some really exciting things to come! I am excited to welcome some new additions to the family! They haven't happened yet, but the anticipation is great!

No comments:

Followers