Saturday, January 09, 2010

Just another manic Friday

It's been a few days, I have not forgotten about this here blog. My abs are hurting today as well as my arms. Why you ask? Because I like the majority of girls out there decided to get into shape and have just started working out again. I enjoy getting back into shape...I just hate being out of shape and your body screams at you for doing something active. It's almost like it doesn't want to do your stupid little plan. But I have motivation! A family trip coming up. I don't know when exactly it's coming (3,4,or5 months from now) and I don't know exactly where yet, but all I know it's something to help keep my mind focused on in order to keep my goal.

Yesterday was a funny yet frustrating day. My car got towed because it was parked in an area outside our place
(on the street) that had a sign that said "No Parking in Snow Season". I made sure that I did not park in this area when it was snowing or even the following days. I parked there 2 days ago seeing that there were a lot of other cars parked there and not one snowflake had fallen in 5 days. But when Brenton came home last night he said the whole row of cars was missing (on a Friday evening it's usually packed full of cars). And he said he didn't see my car. So we went and checked and alas it was not there. So then we came inside and Brenton started calling around and eventually found my car. But they were closed and only the dispatcher was there and said she is not allowed to release the cars and we would have to settle this tomorrow! Grr!! Now we have to pay overnight charges! Boo!

Second order of frustration of yesterday; I burnt the cookies! I was so excited about making shortbread cookies and made them into a bunch of different shapes and decorated them and then put them in the oven for 5 mins too long! And they turned a dark brown colour and all I could taste was yuck! So I had to throw them out. It was a sad moment but I did not throw myself on the floor, I jus
t tossed them in the trash can and took the garbage out that very moment so I would not be mocked or tormented by them laughing at me from under the sink.

Then B and I watched the movie "When Harry Met Sally". He had never seen it before and it had been so long since the last time I had seen it. It's a pretty funny movie and there were a lot of times I would look back at B and we would laugh together. It was a fun evening overall. I am so happy that I have been able to marry my best friend.

No comments:

Followers