Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday

This week marked the last official week of January (according to our schedules). Next week starts our February schedule which means change. As of Monday two of the little guys I had on my schedule are no longer on my case load. I'm sad because they are the sweetest kids, however, when they are being turkeys I'm not able to do any physical prompting. And since they are both "floppers" I have been taken off their team. (This includes my little ray of sunshine). I've talked about him before. I am sad that I am losing them on my case load. I am happy that I will still get to see them daily.

Little ray of sunshine was over an hour late for his session today and so our last day together was cut seriously short. That made me really sad cause I really wanted to make today extra special. While I waited for him I did some behind the scenes work. I get bored of the songs and games that we have as choices for the kids for circle time so I searched for some new refreshing games. I think us adults have a harder time adjusting to change than some of these rigid little beings. I know repetition is great for our little kiddos but I think it's also a great idea to expose them to new games and songs. You can only play duck duck goose so many times before you get sick of it. So one of the games I came across online was a game called, "Doggy where's your bone". It's played with one player sitting on a chair facing away from the group. Under his chair is a "bone" and one kiddo from the group goes and takes it and hides it in their hands (or sits on it). Then the group says, "Doggy Doggy where's your bone, someone stole it from your home". Than the kiddo on the chair turns around and has 3 guesses on who stole it. Even if they don't figure it out the person is revealed after the third guess and then they become the next dog. The first round we played I worried that maybe this game was too much for these guys. But once we did the third round they caught on and had fun and it was really cute. Even the adults enjoyed it! (Us big kids are sometimes a harder crowd to please than the little kids). Luckily little ray of sunshine was there for that game.

As we were having snack time I got a craving for McD's. I was also grossed out at the same time by the thought. It was weird. I admit I sometimes enjoy a little MD's but immediately regret the decision after I par-take. But this time I didn't even have to have any before I regretted the decision of just having the craving. I thought it was funny.

After my day at work I went for tea with my good friend Melissa. She introduced me to a place called "Mad Mango". It's a cute little restaurant that is super affordable and so very yummy! They have a secret peanut butter ice cream pie that is home made and way too good to be passed up if you're ever in the K-town area!

Well, that's about all there is for today - I ask for some prayer for B's family tomorrow as we celebrate the life of one of his uncles.

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers