Monday, January 02, 2012

Disbelief and Excitement all wrapped in one

November 14, 2011

Today we had our first maternity doctor appointment. I went to work and worked the first session and then B came and picked me up from work and we headed over to the westside to make our noon appointment. When we got there I had some paper work to fill out. Than we got to meet our doctor. She is super nice! Answered any questions we had and said that we would be able to send her emails with any other questions we may have down the road. B and I joked around for a bit of it and she was introduced to the true us right off the bat. She laughed along with us and joked around too. It was refreshing. I didn't know what to expect and now my heart is at ease because I know what to expect each time I go there. She lays out what your next appointment is going to look like so that the anxiety disappears. I am really looking forward to our monthly meetings.

After we were done the initial questions and answers and medical history and all that, she got me to sit up on the table and she searched for the heartbeat. It seemed to take forever to find it, which she says is a common issue. Finally she found it and the sound brought tears (happy tears) to my eyes. It was so cool! My baby is fine and healthy and has a healthy heartbeat at 178 beats per minute. I am beyond ecstatic and hope this next 6 months and 3 weeks go by fast. I am eager to see what baby looks like and if it's a boy or girl (no we will not find out until it's born). B said he wanted to make a crack at how it sounded like, "Houston, Houston....(enter static noise)....can you read me over (enter more static noise). I wish he had that would have been funny. Anyways, that's all there is to report for now. There really is a baby in there

Michelle

No comments:

Followers