Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas has come and gone now

This past weekend has come and gone so quickly. Is it just me or has time suddenly sped up? I feel like every day is going by so much more quickly than it had before. Anyways, Saturday was a blissful day of sleep. I had gotten up early (for a Saturday - 8:30) and by noon I needed a nap. I think my body was still recovering from the fun-filled week I had. After waking from a 3 hour nap I got up and made some dinner. After dinner we watched a little tele and then I was back in bed by 10. The following day - Sunday - was our day of Christmas celebrations! We first went to church and then stopped at the grocery store (B headed over to Canadian Tire) and than came home and prepped for our Christmas. I made the lasagna first, that started a 30 second tidy and set the table. Followed by another 30 second tidy and wrapped the presents and got a few other things done. By the time I finished I sat down and 5 minutes later the first of our guests arrived. They ducked into one of the rooms to finish their present sorting and while they were stowed away I lied down on the couch and happened to close my eyes. B shocked me awake by saying, "you can't sleep now, the party hasn't even started". I jerked myself off the couch when our final guests arrived (the other two still hidden in the room). We first sat around and chatted and filled up on appetizers and pickles!( I had claimed them :) ) Than when dinner was ready we sat down and ate. We opened gifts afterwards with a great skype call with my sister and her family. So much fun. We joked about how if the world does end in December of this year we at least didn't get jipped out of a Christmas. I should really post some pictures from our event, but I didn't take any. My dad however has a multitude of them on his camera. (Even one of himself - it was a self portrait).

After the evening was over and everything was cleaned up and everyone had left I went and crawled into my bed. It was such a blissful feeling. My legs screamed with delight as I lied down. (Standing in heels on tile at church followed by standing on hardwood floors all evening isn't all that awesome for ones legs).

Monday morning I felt it. I had a rough start to the day in that I just didn't want to wake up. I was worried that I wouldn't have any energy to exert to the little kiddos that I was to work with. I really hate being the lame-O teacher that has no energy to give. However, once I got there and got into the groove I was fine. (As long as I didn't stop).

Once I got home from work I sat around, re-heated some left overs for dinner and then went to bed by 8pm. When it wasn't even 6 yet I thought it had to be at least 9pm. Therefore an early bed time was in the must haves.

I woke up every 2 hours last night and at 2:30am I was up for a solid hour just wishing myself back asleep. It was the weirdest feeling but I think the baby was doing somersaults in there. It was a very waving feeling. Neat, but just not at a convenient time. I only had one session today and once I got home I waited for the dishwasher repairman to come. Apparently back in 2008 a part on our dishwasher had been recalled due to a pattern of fires being set. (awesome!). We only discovered this recall notice because B was doing some research on how to clean it. Obviously the people who owned the house before us didn't care about their investment, but their lives? Yikes. I was a little horrified that we had been using it for the last year without a care not knowing the danger we were in. (Especially since I don't usually set it until we are about to go to bed or go out for a bit). Luckily though it is a cost-free fix and only took about 1/2 an hour for him to fix it all up :)

Resting easy tonight
Michelle

No comments:

Followers