Monday, January 09, 2012

2nd trimester falsehoods

December 6, 2011

Where is this energy boost I'm supposedly due for? I still find myself beyond exhausted by 7pm. It's pathetic really. I use to be such a night owl. Now I'm lucky if I see a 9 on my clock before I close my eyes. Also I thought morning (in my case all day) sickness was suppose to go away. I'm 14 weeks and I lost my cookies (all of them) today. It was not pretty. I am just waiting - not so patiently anymore - for the second trimester bliss to begin.

The other day at work I had a new kid start. Let's just say that if there is an open door he will bolt through it and keep running. Halfway through my session one of the speech people said, "Michelle's really glowing" one of my other witty co-workers said, "I think that's just sweat". haha. I would have to agree with her. By the end of my session I was so tired from running and I mean running for the 3 hours.

When B came to pick me up I told him I was ready to call it a day and go straight to bed. He thought I was being funny. I was serious! I was so done.

At this point I think the 2nd trimester rumour is just that, a rumour. I have found no truth in it as of yet. Oh well. Here's to another 6 months until our little bambino is here. I am so excited. I don't mean to come across as whiney because there is not one second I would trade to not be in this position. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and I will take whatever will come my way. Every time I hear the heartbeat, or we go for an ultra-sound I always proclaim, "It's really in there?!" We have just wanted this for so long that it is surreal that our dream is going to come true.

Well, until next time
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I think I was most surprised by how utterly exhausted I would get. I had thought I knew what tired was before I got pregnant, I had no clue. You are growing a whole other person! Of course, you are tired!

I don't think you sound whiney. You ran for 3 hours. I'm not pregnant and I'd be done after a day like that. I think each post you write, it's quite clear how much of a precious blessing and gift you consider pregnancy to be. I'm so happy for you!

Followers