Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Nov 20 A Sunday Surprise (great now I want a sundae)

November 20, 2011

Today was a great day. We went to church this morning. We were running late mostly due to me dragging my sorry self around getting ready. I don't know why it is, every day of the week I'm up super early, even before my alarm sometimes. And then Saturday night comes and I have a terrible sleep and I finally sleep in. Why can't I have a bad night sleep on Fridays and sleep in on Saturdays so I can stop being late for church? Last night I was in bed by 7pm. We started watching a movie at 5:30 and by 6:30 I had fallen asleep. Woke up at 7, took my meds and went to bed. B was shocked that that was it for the day. He said, "It's only 7?" My new bed time! If I see 7:30 it's considered a good day. I try my hardest to stay up till 9:30 because then the wake up calls through the night are not as severe as when I go to bed so early. Last night I was up at 4:30 until 5:30. I listened to 3 Adventures in Odyssey in that time and finally fell back asleep. Anyways I'm sure you care deeply about my sleep pattern. All that to say I wish I could get better sleep on Saturdays so I can wake up at a decent time to get ready for church and get there on time.

Once we got to church we made our way to the coffee bar and got our typical hot chocolate for the service. We headed upstairs and yeah....went to church. After the service was over one of my good friends (who knows our story/journey) asked me if there was anything new going on? I told her yes. And she immediately said, "Don't leave me hanging in suspense, what's new?" And I told her "We're due in June" and she started to cry and was excited. Than she told me that she is due 3 weeks before me. I am so excited because I know their journey is similar to ours and it was a very exciting moment to hear each other's news!!! I am so thrilled for them! (I just clapped my hands - like you can see that - so I thought I would paint you a picture of just how excited I am for them). They too had been trying for more than a year and it's so wonderful to know that we are going to be having our babies around the same time.

One of the other girls from church came over to congratulate my friend on her news (news travels fast in our church) and friend A asked, have you told her yet? In which friend B looked at me like, told me what? And I told her that we are due in June. Friend B is also expecting in April. She too was excited for us. I didn't want to steal Friend A's spotlight though because she too was just announcing her joyous news.

We had originally said that we weren't going to tell the outside our immediate family (and work -due to safety reasons) world until Christmas. Than we realized that we are at the 3 months and we had said before that we would tell people at the 3 month stage. We also didn't want to overshadow Christmas with our news so we decided now is as good as time as any. So that is why we changed our plan.

After church we went for lunch with B's cousins and Aunt and Uncle and Grandma. I finally gave his Grandma her Mother's Day gift that I had forgotten to give her...over and over. Finally I remembered to take it with us and actually give it to her. I joked it's a Happy Mother's Day in November. She said, "That's one for the books". I love her sense of humour.

After lunch we returned the winter tires we had picked up (they were too big for our car) and then came home to hang out with some friends while watching the Lions football game. The Lions won by the way! They are going to the Grey Cup. We had a great time and Sarah and I chatted while the boys actually watched the game. Now the evening is quiet. B's watching a hockey game (I know I'm an amazing wife, allowing sports to fill the room for an entire afternoon and evening) and I am updating my blog for future reading. See where my priorities are? You should feel special!

Well until next time
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I like your priorities!

Is there any significance in the different font sizes? Like is the story about the Mother's Day gift for B's grandmother a secret, and that's why it's in small font? haha

Also, why is the word "meds" highlighted? You are getting all fancy in your blogging and I'm not sure I can keep up! ;)

Isn't it fun to tell people? I'm so happy for you and for your friend that you've been journeying with! This is going to be one exciting spring/early summer!

Followers