Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Years - New Beginnings

My new years resolution I think I can fulfill. My goal is to gain weight in the first 6 months and than in the second half of the year lose that weight :) I think I can do it! (Especially the first 6 month part).

This Christmas and New Years season went by fast and was full of family time. Now as I get ready to go back to work tomorrow I wish I had one more day to recover from staying up so late last night. We were up until 1:30am. Which I know isn't Crazy for some but for me, being use to being in bed by 9:30/10:00 it was a super late night in which I have yet to recover from. I even had a New Years Day nap after getting home from New years day cookies at B's parents house.

Yesterday was a fun filled day. We started it out by sleeping in. Than we went to the Tim Hortons/Wendy's combination restaurant and found out shortly before we left the house that the rest of B's siblings were going to be going to Wendy's for lunch so we met up. I had the notion that it would be awesome to have a little of this and that. Which means I had a hot chocolate with hazelnut shot from Tim Hortons and a Chocolate frosty from Wendy's. Best combo ever! It was fun having lunch with almost everyone (one sister wasn't able to make it due to the flu :( ). After our fun filled lunch we came back to our place and watched the movie cars. When the movie was almost over one of B's cousins came to join us because she had never been to our place before. It was fun to just hang out. Once 4pm came we headed over to B's parents house for an early dinner. B's brother T and his wife M and their little sprite were going to be getting on a plane to head back to Halifax so we wanted one last hurrah before they departed. It was fun.

Once they had left for the airport we headed out because we had to make a couple of stops before we had company coming to our place. When we got home I quickly set up and did a last 30 second tidy. Our friends Jeff and Sarah and their little one were the first to arrive. Followed by Cam and Becky. And then B's cousin C. Becky had to leave at 9:30 cause she had an early wake up call for work. When we all looked at the clock to see what time it was we all moaned that we still had another 2 1/2 hours to go until midnight. It was kind of funny. So we broke out a game. Apples to Apples. It was an over all hit and it helped make the time go by super fast. Before we knew it we were packing up the game so we could set ourselves up for the New Years cheer. Briskly after midnight came and went everyone started to pack up and that was the end of the party. As quickly as it started it ended. (We must be getting old). My bro stayed to chat and after everything was cleaned up and I was in my pj's I declared that I needed to go to bed so he left at 1:30. It was a late night. I'm paying for it today. But it was a great celebration.

I have to say 2011 was probably one of the hardest emotional years I've had. I wasn't sad to see it go. I'm ready for a fresh start in 2012 and excited to see what this year has to bring. It's going to be a year of celebration and excitement and I'm pumped...tired, but pumped!

Happy New Years Everyone!

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I think 2011 was a hard year for most people. Everyone seems to be telling that year to not let the door hit it in the a$$ on the way out. haha I hope 2012 is a fantastic year for you! It's looking up!

Followers