Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week 16

December 22, 2011

I don't really have much to say. I just wanted to list some of the things I've been experiencing for future sake or whatever or maybe you're interested too. TMI alert: In the last couple of weeks I've been getting this sharp cramp in my left butt cheek. I thought this was odd but it would go away. Well in the last 3 days it's been there quite constantly so I looked it up. Apparently it's common in pregnancy because my sciatic nerve has been pinched which causes the pain to shoot from your lower back (I don't feel it there) down through your bottom and can go down your leg. So I searched for some answers on how to fix this. Apparently all I can do is stretch it out. So that is the plan. I found one site where it doesn't just give you one stretch to do but 3. So helpful! It's caused by the muscles around the nerve tightening up which results in pinching your nerve. So wonderful! The things they don't tell you about pregnancy. I guess it's cause not everyone experiences the same thing.

I have also started to feel the flutters inside. Which is neat, but every time I feel them I wait it out...was it just gas or was it actually the kiwi moving? Also my hunger pains have gotten intense! If I'm hungry it's not like, "oh I'm hungry I can wait until lunch time", no it's like the beast within is angry it had to even wait a milla second for something to eat. It's like it must be fed and it must be fed now! I'm use to pushing off my hunger until it's convenient for me, but that is no longer the case. I have an emergency granola bar in my purse just in case I find myself in a situation where I can't just get up and get something. It's so dramatic!

On Christmas day I will be 17 weeks. So crazy how fast time is going. I remember being at 8 weeks wishing that I could be at 16 weeks. But now that I'm half way done the 16th week I'm like, wow where did the last 2 months go?

Oh yeah, this past week my tummy has started to pop out. I seriously look like I ate 5 burgers all the time! (I've never in my life eaten 5 burgers in one sitting). But I'm just looking a little poochy. My dear sis-in-law said that it looks to round to be fat, she said you can tell I'm preggers :) So sweet. I know the truth though...this is the awkward stage of is she pregnant? or is she just a little chubby? I know my clothes are going to get incredibly smaller in the next month or so but I'm still wearing my regular clothes. I lost 12 pounds since the first trimester and so my regular clothes got a little roomier so I think I stretched out my time for wearing them. Yay!

Can't wait to start posting these posts. I'm always tempted to just click the publish button, but alas, B and I decided to wait until Christmas until we put anything on my blog. Last week I almost caved but he pulled me back and said, it's only one more week, just wait. He's so patient sometimes!

Until next time
Michelle

2 comments:

White Girl said...

So if you haven't ever eaten 5 burgers in one sitting, how do you know that's what your stomach would look like? ;)

I'm sure that you are just lovely.

Michelle said...

haha, good point. It's what I would imagine my tummy would look like if I were to eat 5 burgers in one sitting. haha.

Followers