Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kicking kiwi

Today (still technically Wednesday) I stayed home from work. I had woken up at 4:30am (not unusual) but couldn't get back to sleep until 6:30am (very unusual). It was because I was feeling so queasy. I could tell I had something in my stomach that needed to get out, but my body was fighting with itself on which way it was to escape. By 6:30 I was begging my body to just decide, I didn't care if it meant throwing up, just get it out. But alas it did not. Since I was still feeling this way when my alarm went off I decided to listen to my body and I called in sick. I didn't want my body to decide to discard whatever it was at the wrong time. I ended up sleeping until about 2pm. Not really ready to face the world until 3. When I did get up my body was finally ready to get it out and I am happy to say it chose the nicer of two evils. Anyways that is probably way too much info for a blog. I still have a wicked headache but nothing some more sleep can't cure.

When I was laying down for a nap (yeah after sleeping until 2 I still needed a nap later in the afternoon) I had my hand on my tummy. That's when I felt the weirdest movement and it was timed with the kick I felt. At first I didn't believe it, thinking it was my imagination. But again it happened. It happened 4 or 5 times. So cool. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like a heartbeat, just off beat from my actual heart, and a little stronger. I was just so happy. I have been dreaming of the day that B can experience the kicks with me. Too bad he's at work late tonight. Hopefully Kiwi gives him a personal show tomorrow.

Well that's all there is to report for today. Hope your day is going great!
off to bed,
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I remember the first time The Mister felt Charlie kick. He put his hear to my tummy and got a swift 'pop' in the ear! haha

Glad you are feeling better! Looks like we were sickness twins!

Followers