Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Nov 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

Today I was faced with emotions that surprised me. I had thought that maybe once I was pregnant myself these feelings wouldn't affect me as much. I knew I would never forget the struggle we endured trying to get pregnant and that once you're faced with infertility your outlook changes forever. However when I was faced with yet another careless "joke" on a social networking site my feelings stirred up again that I am all to familiar with.

The following was one of my friends' status updates.
IS EXPECTING! :) YESSSS!! 5 weeks!! I know, I know its crazy aint it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to put it on here but wanted to make it official :) ..I mean who would have guessed that we're expecting!! Yup its official...We are expecting Christmas in about 5 weeks !!! Re-post if you have any sense of humor :)

I guess I don't have a sense of humor. I was taken back by my emotions. I didn't know things could still sting that part of my soul. Maybe I'm oversensitive? Maybe it's hormones? Maybe I just understand how painful such carelessness can be. It just takes me back to the whole "Breast Cancer Awareness game" that was played earlier this year. For someone struggling with infertility these "games" are only a reminder of the emptiness they feel. How one would long for the chance to get to post something like this. Wishing that this could be their real status but that may or may not ever happen. I guess I'm on my soapbox asking everyone to be more sensitive with the announcements that are real and my deepest wish is for these "games" to be more well thought through.

Like I said, I didn't realize these emotions were still built up inside me and I was shocked for them to rise up in me like they did.
I guess I'll stop talking before I come across as a total Debbie Downer.
Michelle.

1 comment:

White Girl said...

Another reason to quit social media! Except for blogging. Never quit blogging.

Followers