Friday, February 03, 2012

A tiring week, but very rewarding

This past week has been a tiring one. I'm so thankful it's the weekend once again. When I woke up this morning my first thought was - tomorrow I don't have to wake up to an alarm! How riveting don't ya think? Driving home after work today we stopped to get the car washed through one of those drive through car washes. I fell asleep half way through. I guess I found the sound of the water spraying against the car relaxing. When we got home I had a shower (my feet were oober stinky once again - gotta get new shoes), after we (B and I) chatted with his one brother. Again I fell asleep for a moment or two. I was woken up by B's nudging. This little kiwi takes a lot out of me, especially on working days. I have realized that my legs are starting to get super tired and sore by the end of the work day. I think it's due to always being up and down and crawling and supporting the kids though some physical things that they aren't able to do on their own. I'm a little worried about what it's going to be like once I reach the third trimester.

I can't believe how fast time is going. It seems like just a few weeks ago that I found out that there was a little kiwi in there and now we're down to only 17 weeks left (until my due date - I'm sure I'll go over like most people with there first).

This last week marked the first time B was able to feel the baby kick. There was one night in particular I put his hand on my stomach and told him to feel the baby, he said he couldn't feel anything, just wait. And then boom! It was the biggest kick I've felt to date and B was very shocked at the intensity. It was great. Kiwi is a funny little person already!

This past week also marked our first maternity group appointment. We get together with our group every two weeks. We have our regular check up followed by a group lesson taught by a doula. This past week was a nutrition information session. (I kind of jested with myself about how this might have been more useful in the earlier months of pregnancy - but what do I know). It was a large mix of people to say the least. Many walks in life and I'm excited to get to know them.

Work funny story: Today I was working with one little girl and this other little boy and his BI came in and she suggested he take off his over sweater to put on the painting smock. He took it off and then proceeded to take off his pants. She said, "Oh no, you can keep your pants on" haha. It was hilarious. Totally reminded me of when I walked into my nieces room to find her sitting at her desk completely bare ready to paint. Funny little kids!

Work victory story: I work with this one little guy who is non-verbal. We are in the midst of teaching him to use pictures (called pecs) in order to communicate his needs. He's still on the first step where I lay out three choices and he points to the one he would like. Well the other day I was in the middle of putting something away when he went into his pec binder (full of at least 50 or more different pecs) and pulled out the one he wanted, came and found me, got my attention and gave me the pec with his choice on it. (Computer time). It wasn't a great time for this but I threw our plans out the window and said, "Of course you can have computer time, let's go". You gotta reward that kind of communication. He totally skipped so many steps in that particular program. (He is on step 1 but what he demonstrated was the final step). I was so incredibly proud of him.

Well, I think that's all there is to report for now.
Till next time,
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

Painting in the nude. Didn't Farrah Fawcett also do that too? haha

I've heard that a pregnant woman's body at REST is working just as hard as a rock climber. So when you are walking, climbing, getting up and down, supporting these little kiddies, you are working HARDER than a rocker climber. No wonder you are tired! You are growing a whole other human.

Followers