Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feeling better and Inigo


Nothing much new to report from yesterday. I stayed home from work again today. When I woke up this morning my pj's were soaked. I am guessing that my body sweated the fever out. It was such a gross feeling. So I got up and changed into my other jammies and called in to work and went back to sleep. When I woke up at noon my second pair of pj's suffered the same fate as the first. oh yoy yoy. Gotta do some laundry.

However waking up today I was super hungry (different from yesterday or the day before). I took this as a good sign and came out and made myself a lovely little fruit salad. I woke Inigo up for the day and he is currently sitting on his door, staring at me chirping his little heart out (the quiet pleasant chirping not the shrieking shrill chirp). He's so cute. I've been contemplating on getting him a little bird friend, but I don't know if I want to commit to two birds just before baby comes. But it might be a good idea so he has a friend. I remember having this same debate with one of my previous birds and when I did get him a friend he became more friendly towards me and they were the cutest little pair. What do you think? Leave a comment and tell me your vote - yes second bird or no second bird. His bruise is healing, slowly but surely. Did I mention on here what had happened? We came home from being out and there were feathers everywhere, including on the ceiling. I looked at Inigo and he had a bruise on his head. Poor little guy. I can only assume he did his daily fly around (which he only does once or twice a day if that) and went to high and hit the ceiling. That's just my guess. He was pretty shaken up about it though because he didn't come out of his cage for the rest of that day and we keep his food and water out of his cage so he's forced to exit his comfort zone at least a couple of times a day.

Another way to force him out of his cage, although I forget this most times, is to sweep around his cage. He hates the broom for whatever reason and you'd think something must have happened before with his strange little phobia. But as soon as I come around his cage with it he freaks out and flies out and either lands on top of the cupboards or on the tv.
Well, that's all there is really to announce for today. Feeling quite a bit better just a little weak and headachey and tired.

Until next time
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

Yes! to the second bird. This time, name it Tony.

Followers