Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines day to all my lovely friends! I was really looking forward to today as it's Valentines Day, my friends baby shower, a potluck at work, and a group maternity appointment. However I am sicker than a dog and had to bow out of everything. Yesterday I woke up feeling great! Than I had a cough that made my gag reflex act up and had a lovely little moment of morning sickness. Didn't think much of it and continued on my day. As the day went on I was feeling much worse. It came on so fast. By the time the second session came along I had to do a lot of sitting because I was having some major dizzy spells. I fought through the day and was happy that of all days to be sick I had a routine doctor visit so I could have the chance to ask her to fix me. My appointment went well, babies heartbeat was soo fast at first and then slowed down. She said, it's pretty active...yep!

After our doctor visit we stopped at Bylands nursery because I had a gift certificate from my sister and it expires in the next week or so. As we were walking around my body got slower and slower and my eyes started to cave in on themselves and I felt like I was about to pass out. So we headed home (I did get a lovely gift though and will take a picture of it so you can see). Once we got home I forced myself to stay awake, trying to coax myself with The Bachelor. I didn't make it. I was in bed before 6:30. At one point I texted Brenton from the bedroom to bring me a glass of water. He thought that was funny, why didn't you just call out? I have no strength to walk let alone yell. (I'm not a yeller - my voice always cracks when I try). I woke up about every 3 hours because one part of my body would either overheat or be so frozen. It was a typical fever when you're covered up and then you start to over heat but once you expose even the smallest part of your body to the air you're frozen to the core. So uncomfortable.

When I woke up at 7 to determine if I could face the day I stood up and didn't feel as bad as yesterday, however once I started to walk around it all came flooding back so I headed back to bed, called into work and went back to sleep - until 1pm. When I woke up the baby was kicking and it freaked me out, what is going on?! Than I remembered that I was pregnant and it's ok. Talk about throwing you through the mental loops though.

Every ounce of my being hurts, especially the joints. I cried to Brenton, my knee caps hurt! Right now it's my hips and my legs and basically just everything. At 1pm I got up and walked the full 10 feet to the couch and was ready for a nap. Such a sad case.

I'm really hoping I'll be better by tomorrow because I don't think I can take much more of this. I'm very whiny today and I'm sorry I didn't have more uplifting news to share.

My fever is at 99.8 and it's not worrisome until it's 102, so I'm praying that it goes down fast and that I can be back to my old self quickly. Until then, everyone have a happy healthy Valentines day.

No comments:

Followers