Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sleepy head

Today I stayed home from work. I was beyond exhausted. I woke up and thought it isn't that bad, than I stood up and decided, well since I almost passed out I should probably not go to work. So I called in and went back to sleep not waking to the world until 1pm. Since I went to bed at 9pm the night before that would equate to 16 hours of sleep. When I woke up my headache was gone and all the over-all body pain was no longer so severe. I was however still so tired. I dragged myself out to the couch and rested there for the rest of the day (still there actually) and I plan on going to bed in the next couple of hours.

I know it's been going around the centre where I work but most of them have gotten fevers and such as well. I was lucky enough to not have that aspect of it. I'm hopping the day of rest did my body wonders and I'll be back at it tomorrow. I missed working with the kiddos I was scheduled to work with today, especially since one of them only comes once a week, so now I won't see him until next week.

This is a pretty sad blog update, really nothing to report except that I'm still growing a little human and I wonder if it's going to be a boy or girl. My niece really wants a girl because she only has boy cousins (on my bro-in-laws side). On B's side though there's only one grandson so far and 3 granddaughters. So which ever way kiwi tips the scale someone's going to be happy :)

Kiwi was very active this afternoon, especially when Inigo was chirping and I was trying to rest. They've already ganged up against me! I'm excited and can't believe there's only 17 weeks left until my due date. How did that happen?! It's also a shock at how time is going to be broken up between now and then. It's going to make time go double time. We have a trip planned in there, as well as spring break and then when we get back from spring break I'll only have 6 weeks left of work until I'll be on my mat leave.

I decided that I would leave early because my job is very physically demanding. Crawling, jumping, rolling, up and down, climbing etc...everything a little kid wants to do really. So I figure when it comes to my 9th month of pregnancy I'm going to not want to do those things. When I mentioned this at the staff meeting one of the girls piped up and said, "I was planting flowers when I was 9 months pregnant" I said, "well maybe than I will plant some flowers too", I just don't think I can physically do this job without burning myself out at that point...planting flowers isn't a must do job, however, when you're at work it is a must do to do your job. I didn't really understand how planting flowers equates what we do with these kids every day and maybe I was a little moody and took it the wrong way but it kind of erked me.

Anyways, that's all there is for today
Sweet dreams
Michelle


No comments:

Followers