Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas party - The season has begun

Last night was my staff Christmas party. It was really fun. We went bowling. The first game we played we had to do a funny thing for each turn. The first frame was, to bowl granny style, the second frame was to bowl backwards, 3rd was to bowl between 2 people's legs, 4th had to sit on someones knee, 5th bowl with your feet, 6th lay on your tummy, 7th dance down the aisle (which I did and then promptly lost the ball behind me - I was too focused on my dance - I have never in my life done that before, it's embarrassing!) 8th strike a charlie's angels pose after you bowl, 9th spin around 3 times and 10th bowl with your opposite hand (I have them all in the wrong order but those are the things we did). It was hilarious! After our first game we did our gift exchange. Except this year it was a re-gift exchange so you bring something from your house that you want to re-gift. It was brilliant. Everybody enjoyed each other's junk and left happy with their new finds. It was great. I had originally opened one gift that was homemade fish potholders. I was secretly hoping someone would steal them from me but didn't think anyone would (they were super cute but I am in no need of more potholders since I don't even use all the ones I currently have). Well sure enough they got stolen so I was able to steal or open another gift. I ended up stealing my friends candle holders (Which are all Christmas themed!) I was very excited about it. And I ended up taking them home.

After our gift exchange we got back to bowling. We played 1 1/2 more games (we had a time restriction). It was so fun. By the end I realized it must have been really loud in there because my throat was a little sore from all the yelling I had to do to carry on a conversation. The evening went by really fast and once the bowling was done we all parted ways. B and I hit up dairy queen on our way home (we had a 2 for 1 coupon). Than we came home and I promptly went to bed. It was great! I am so excited for the Christmas season. Only 22 more sleeps until Christmas!

Today marks the day that I will be setting up the Christmas tree and getting the house in a festive mood. Possibly even making some shortbread and sugar cookies. A Christmas movie is already on and now it's just time to get off my bottom and get the big box of decorations out of the storage.....why does it always get pushed to the back? Oh yoy yoy!

Until next time
Michelle

2 comments:

White Girl said...

This is your first Christmas in the house, isn't it? Or were you already moved in by Dec 25th last year?

Chelle said...

We were moved in by Dec 1 last year. We took possession on Nov 16 of last year. :0) Second Christmas in this house :)

Followers