Monday, December 19, 2011

Countdowns and deadlines

Today marks the first official day off on Christmas holidays. So far I've been very productive and it's only noon. I made dinner (it's in the crock pot) except it's one of those recipes where you basically have to cook it before you put it in so I don't really feel like it's a magic recipe, although it does taste really good. (It's shepherds pie).

Than I have cut out the first part of a dress that I've decided to make and want to have completed by Saturday evening. I know a tight timeline, but I think I can do it. I had to make a couple of alterations already because lets just say my girls are too big and need a little extra fabric to keep them conservatively covered. I am also making it a double layer dress and I've never done that before. I am excited and nervous and if it doesn't turn out I'll just wear my red dress that a wonderful store sold to me a long time ago. But I'm really hoping this one turns out cause it's olive green and the top layer has some pretty sequins on it. I think the fabric may be a little tricky to work with (the under layer is slippery fabric). But I looked up online some tricks of the trade and someone said to put some scotch tape on the area you want to sew and it helps your machine's needle stay stable on it. Who knew? Now you do!

I've done some dishes already today too and watched a couple of Christmas movies...well...listened to them, I've been too busy to actually look at them. I am so excited for the Christmas season. It's going to be full of excitement and family and new beginnings. This Wednesday, as in 2 sleeps, my step-sister is having her baby. Friday (4 sleeps) is my niece's birthday party. Saturday (5 sleeps) is Christmas Eve and we will be going to the Christmas Eve service (hence need a dress) followed by an evening at B's Aunt and Uncle's house. Than of course (6 sleeps) until Christmas day. We are celebrating in the afternoon at B's parents house so everyone can do their own family stuff, and then church. It's going to be so awesome!

Well, I gotta get back to the dress I'm making. It's going to take me the entire week I'm sure.
Until later
Michelle

No comments:

Followers