Friday, December 30, 2011

10 week update

Tuesday November 8
So this past week I have been introduced to mood swings. Major mood swings. I have been so irritable and mostly caused by work. I don't know why but this week my schedule has gotten on my nerves. It just hit me that the majority of my schedule I'm in isolation with the child I'm working with because they are the more extreme cases. I have noticed in this last week that it's really starting to wear on me. I feel like such a whiner but just thought I would mention one of the many things that have come up in the last week or so.

Last week morning sickness kicked in. Well, more like night sickness. There even was one day I prayed that nobody was spying through our kitchen window because I knew I wasn't going to make it to the washroom and well...I don't need to finish that sentence. I also started having major headaches. I don't get headaches often so when I do it's like the world is ending. (Not to be dramatic or anything). It's extremely painful and there's nothing you can do but drink water. Which in turn makes you run for the washroom every 5 minutes which equals no sleep. I think it's my body's way of preparing me for the many wake up calls I'll be getting come 7 months from now. I find joy in those moments when I'm up in the night because I pretend it's an actual wakeup call and it fills me with such happiness just to think about it.

I am officially 10 weeks along today. I am so excited to be almost done the first trimester already but at the same time I don't want this pregnancy to go too fast because I want to enjoy every moment and it's hard when right now I'm sleeping through a lot of it.

Let's see, is there anything else to report? No..I think that is basically it. I am just really looking forward to next Monday when I will be having my first maternity doctor appointment. I'm really excited to meet my new doctor. She apparently runs her practice like a midwife in that she really gets to know you as a person and your plans and goals and such. As well as you have a group of people who are due around the same time as you to get to know and build some friendships with. I am really looking forward to that because to have some new friends who are not only in the same boat but also live near me would be so nice. I am excited to say the least.

Well that's all there is to report for now, hope all is well for you all
Until next time
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I just told my friend H that you are just over 3 months. I'm WAY off. lol I'll correct the error when I go to her house for tea on Tuesday. Don't worry! It'll all be cleared up soon. I can't believe you are 4 1/2 months along already! Cah-ray-zay!

Followers