Monday, November 28, 2011

Warning - this is a very whiny post - you've been warned

I am feeling whiny today. I have a nasty cold. Well, the nose has stopped running, but now it's all built up behind my eyes and it makes me feel like my eyes are being sunken into my skull. Just the look of the computer screen hurts my eyes. Oh boo hoo, I know. Like I said, I'm whiny.
This past weekend was a good one (even though this stupid cold started to manifest itself on Friday evening.) On Saturday we slept in. I talked to my sister for almost 2 hours(on skype) before I even emerged from my bed. Than we got together with B's dad and went for coffee and to do one errand. We came home and had intentions on leaving again to get some more of our to do list completed, but we quickly found ourselves relaxing on the couch....and then I quickly changed my location to my bed and had a nice long leisurely nap. I could tell I was definitely coming down with something because 3 hours went by rather quickly. When I finally dragged my sorry self out of bed we watched a movie (Elf) and then it was shortly after that I headed to bed.

On Sunday, we slept in again. When we got up we went and did some running around. I have to say I love Bulk Barn. Even though I don't buy anything when I go there I just love it for all it's possibilities. 8 different colours of chocolate wafers (you know the kind you put on the roof of your gingerbread house). They even have sprinkles in bulk! Sprinkles!!! So exciting! When we came home (I still wasn't feeling well so I just plunked myself on the couch and played my new favourite online game "Settlers of Catan." This isn't new I know. I have played it before, but the site I use to play it on shut down. But I searched for it and came across this new to me site and signed up. B would say I'm addicted. I say, it entertains me while your football games and hockey games are on. So take which side you will.

After a while the phone rang. We had invited several people to come over to watch the Grey Cup, all in which declined. Well some of our friends had asked if they could still come over and we of course said yes. I told B to tell them that I was sick and they could stay as long as they wanted but I may or may not disappear into a slumber bliss. (Turned out that I was able to stay awake just until they left and then went straight to bed). It was fun to watch the Grey Cup with friends. B asked me before the game started who I was going to be cheering for (since it was both my favourite teams playing). I said the Lions and then they won! So exciting. I love that they not only won, but they won in their own city (Vancouver). That hasn't been done since 1994 by....guess who? The BC Lions! That's right people! It was a sweet victory.

Wow, that was a very whiny post. Well...I did warn you. On the brighter side of things...let's look at the current countdown:

3 more sleeps until December (officially can set up the Christmas tree)
4 more sleeps until my Christmas party
4 more sleeps until Friday
18 more sleeps until Christmas break begins
18 more sleeps until B's Christmas party
23 more sleeps until my new niece is born (on my side)
25 more sleeps until my niece's birthday (B's side)
27 more sleeps until Christmas
34 more sleeps until New Years Eve

Just to name a few...I know I've missed something in there. It will come to me, probably after I post this. Oh well. Hope you're having a fabulous day.
P.S. I just had a shower and it made me feel sooo much better! Still have a headache, but my sinus' feel better. :) Things are looking up!
Michelle

1 comment:

White Girl said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I love your countdowns! I'm going to start decorating for Christmas on December 1st too! Weee!!

Followers