Sunday, November 13, 2011

Remembering the weekend

Friday was a fun day. We started the day out by going for breakfast to celebrate B's mom's birthday. I had the "all you can eat waffles" I had one! haha. It was all I could eat...they're so filling! I remember growing up I was never allowed to get the buffet bar because my parents said I could never eat enough to make it worth it. Afterwards we stopped in at B's grandparents house to say a quick hello. They are so sweet cuddled up on the couch together. After our visit (they were heading for a nap) we stopped in at Costco to see what we could see. It was fun. I was able to find a new purse cover for my miche purse for only $20! (You normally have to mail away for it and with the shipping and everything they usually run at about $25-$30 a piece and you have to wait for it to come). I was very excited because it just happened that earlier that morning I had said to myself I wonder if I should get a new one for Christmas and walla! That very same day they just happened to be having a promotion in Costco. Who knew!

After our Costco trip we headed towards the Westside when we got a text message from a friend of ours asking if we'd like to meet up for lunch. Sure why not! So we went for lunch with our dear friend Tom. After lunch I was oober tired(still not feeling great from the day before) so when we got home I layed down for a "nap". It was more like a hybernation as it lasted 3 hours. When I woke up B was diligently getting things done in the yard and came in and asked me if I wanted to go to the hockey game since he couldn't get rid of the tickets. I said sure we can go for a period or two. When we got there Cam(my brother) and Becky (his wife) were there and between periods we would get together at the top of the stairs and chat. It was fun. I was actually into the game a little and I surprised myself. I don't normally pay attention and this time I couldn't help but cheer and mutter things to myself about the plays. During one of the intermissions I went to the washroom and saw one of the girls I work with washing her hands. She didn't recognize me at first so I walked over and pretended I was going to use the same sink as her at the same time even though there were 6 vacant sinks around her. She was a little startled at first and then she laughed when she realized what was going on. I love being a pest!

After the game we headed over to B's parents house. I called them before heading over to see if the birthday party was still going and when B's dad answered the phone all he heard was "butt cheeks". I had just finished saying to B, "I can see her butt cheeks" when a group of girls (obviously dressed to go to the club) walked by and one of the girls' shorts were so short I could literally see her butt cheeks hanging out. Anyways, this started a little bit of an awkward conversation on the phone so I explained to him what I was talking about. After coming to the conclusion that the party was indeed still going on we headed over and hung out until about midnight. Then we headed home and crashed.

That was Friday. Saturday I woke up early (for a Saturday - 8am - considered sleeping in on the weekend). Becky and I had made plans to go for coffee at 11. 11:30 came by and we still hadn't gotten our act together so around noon we decided to up the anti and go for lunch at White Spot. We had a great visit and then headed off to Walmart to pick up a few things. It was a really fun afternoon. When I got home I had another nap (it's the weekend right? So why not?!) Than when I got up B made fun of me and said he knew that was going to happen and that the house wasn't going to get tidy. Well....when he says things like this I have to prove him wrong so I put in a load of laundry, did some dishes, cleaned up the kitchen and then he put in a movie and my ambition was gone. Who can clean while "The Lion King" is on? It was funny to watch it cause I think we were both a little tired and our laugh out loud meter was at an all time high. We were singing along and just having a grand o'l time. After The Lion King was over we put in another movie, "The Nightmare Before Christmas". We both hadn't seen it before and I have to admit it was a tad bit scary! (I'm a wuss ok?!) It was pretty good though and we throughly enjoyed it. After that movie was done B put in another (our Disney order just arrived yesterday so that's what's up with all the movies) but I was too tuckered out to stay up. It was already past midnight after all so I headed to bed and he stayed up to watch.

Needless to say we didn't make it to church today. However I did get the floors cleaned, the washroom cleaned, the bird cage nice and clean 2 loads of laundry done, and went through my drawers and closet and did my 6 month purge and update my blog. On my too do list still - clean the second washroom (I normally do them at the same time but B was doing some work in the one washroom so I didn't do it yet) make some cookies, go grocery shopping(I don't do this until about 7pm on Sunday evenings because then the store is dead!), take out the garbage and the recycling and put them at the curb, clean out the fridge. Oh and I have to put some plants into some new pots since the wind knocked over my plant stand and broke 3 of my favourite pots :(

Well, I guess I should go and tackle the rest of that to do list. Until next time,
Michelle-lee

No comments:

Followers