Friday, November 25, 2011

A very rough week

This past week has been rough. A lot of things have been happening regarding B's job that has brought on some not-so-needed stress. I hate seeing him so stressed out. It makes me worry for his health. (One of his co-workers' wife had a miscarriage at 4 months) On top of that we have been informed that one of our friends who is expecting in March slipped and fell on the ice and is now on bedrest until she hears otherwise from her doctor. My step-sister is also on bedrest until Dec 21 when her baby is due for a c-section. It just makes one worry for those they care about. And in case that wasn't enough one of B's uncles passed away from a heart condition yesterday. It came as a shock and it really upset us. We are just finding ourselves dumbfounded with all this negativity.

Today, after I dropped B off at work I was heading to my work when a car turned left in front of me, except he didn't have time to turn (especially since there was a bike rider crossing the cross walk) and I had to slam on my brakes. I honked my horn for a very long time (until he actually cleared the intersection) because he really scared me. He didn't have an advanced turn and the light was green for me. I don't know what he was thinking but he didn't even seem to care. That made me really mad. That's when I lost it. Everything that had been building up this week came out of me like a flood gate. When I got to work the receptionist asked me if I wanted to go home. I said no, I need work to be my distraction today. She gave me some candy (she's so sweet).

I'm glad I went to work today. The little guy I was working with I actually sent home early (his boogers were yellow - that's an instant send home). So instead of going upstairs and doing some paper work I opted to stay downstairs and do some tidying in the toy closet. It was a great stress reliever. I didn't have to think, just organize. I like things when they are in their place and you're able to find things you're looking for. It just makes life less stressful. When I was done it looked pretty. I don't expect it to last until the end of the day, but I left feeling a little bit put together.

So all in all, I just ask that you keep the DeGroot family in your prayers as they are dealing with a great loss. Pray for peace and wisdom and that we are able to celebrate a life that will truly be missed.

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers