Saturday, November 19, 2011

Princess for a day

This past week went by super duper fast. I don't seem to recall most of it because it went by just that fast. All the kids I worked with were having great days (all except one shift where he was super tired and gave me attitude). The following day I worked with that same kid and he was a hoot. He insisted that he should be called Mario for the day and that I should be called Princess. I wasn't going to argue. Funny enough as I walked into work that morning one of my co-workers called my shoes princess shoes. They were Mary Janes but it had snowed a lot the night before and she thought I should have been wearing my boots(which I don't have - gotta remember to get some). Anyways it was very fitting that I was called princess for the entire session! I mean any time he wanted to get my attention instead of using my name he would call me Princess. It was so funny and so cute. He was so motivated if I called him Mario so I gave into it for the day and it was so much fun. We went on many mario brother adventures that day.

Now it's Saturday and what have I done today? A load of laundry. Yep, that's it. It has been a very relaxing day. B and I had some long over due cuddle time and a lazy day. He's now shovelled the driveway and is in the process of putting up our first string of Christmas lights above the garage. So exciting!!! I've had Christmas lights on a balcony before (living in apartments and a condo) but I've never ever had Christmas lights on my house!!! I am so excited!

Did I mention that it snowed a lot this week? Well it did. And we still don't have our winter tires on our car. We have them in the backseat, just haven't actually put them on yet. The last few days have been nerve racking driving. But slow and steady has gotten us from point A to B safely. The other day it took me 50 minutes to drive home. (It's normally a 20 minute drive). We were going 20 on the highway and I was quite ok with that. When I pulled into the garage I heard the radio host announce that 8 cars had gone off the road where I had just been not 10 minutes earlier. Whew! Was I glad to be safe and sound at home.

Well, that's all I got for you for now
Happy Winter everyone!
Michelle.

No comments:

Followers