Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Two in One

Day 5 on our trip that would make it Wednesday. We were suppose to go to a place but that fell through until the next day. So instead we stayed back at the resort and did whatever we wanted. That included sitting by the pool, reading books, watching tv, doing whatever pleased us all. It was a great relaxing day. (Again we were still burnt but we did come out of our room to be greeted with the sun). It was a wonderful day. It was Elephant towel art day and it was perfect because I was reading a book called, Elephant in the Playroom. It's a book about children who have special needs and what their parents go through. It's an interesting look into people's lives and how some of them feel when they are out in public or when their children are playing with other children. It's a great book and it really spikes my interest. Anyways, I don't know if the house keeping staff did their towel art on purpose to match the title of my book, but they did and it was exciting. Our dinners were always something to look forward to. On day 5 we went to the Italian restaurant and again the soup was amazing. And the food was great!! Oh and I forgot to mention that on Tuesday night we celebrated Mandi's birthday! It was fun watching the staff sing happy birthday to her with their thick Mexican accents. Watching her face as they sang was so great, pure bliss.


After dinner we headed to the sports bar and waited for the Micheal Jackson show
to begin. It was fantastic! So much fun and Jenn and I really bonded over the songs It was a great blast from the past

Day 6 was AMAZING!!! Probably my favourite day for sure. The reason being because we went to a place called "Xel-ha" (pronounced - Shell-ha). When we first got there we went snorkeling. I had never done this before and I found it amazing when I could actually see fish of all colours. It was amazing. I had to get out of the water and go and check into the dolphins swim that I had signed up for. It was so cool. I was paired up with two couples. It was a little awkward at first being the only single person in the group (B didn't want to swim with the smelly fish) but then we found out 3 out of 5 of us were from Canada so we ganged up on the couple from the states..haha. It was a fun group to be a part of. During the show I giggled a lot like a little kid, and said "excuse me" to the dolphins when they rubbed by my leg because well they ran into me, but it was very canadian of me to say excuse me for getting in their way. It was so much fun. The one dolphin gave me a peck on my cheek and then I was given a leg push by two of them. That was the highlight for me. So much fun!
After the dolphins were done we stopped for lunch. Than I headed to the Ocean front with
B, his mom, and his two brothers.
After which we were going to walk across a floating bridge but decided to snorkel to the other side instead. I'm so glad we did. We were able to see a couple of sting rays and an huge assortment of different coloured fish. It was awesome! After about two hours of swimming we got out and went for a mini-hike into the bushes. We headed back down by tubbing down the river canal and floating back to the beginning. We got some ice cream and got changed and got ready to go back to the resort. Our outing was an all day excursion and so much fun!!!! We headed back to the hotel and went straight to dinner at the French restaurant to celebrate Travis' birthday. It was funny when the staff came out to sing because there was one server that had made a woman's top of a bathing suit and held it up for Travis...we all looked a little confused at it, but it was funny, weird, but funny. It was a great way to end the evening. After the dinner we followed it up by going to the sports bar and had a visit until the show started. It was the play of "Grease". I only lasted through one song and headed back to our
room to go to sleep because I was exhausted. And that was the end of day 6.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins!!!
You're so blessed :)

Oh I'm number 30038!

Followers