Thursday, May 13, 2010

Energy to burn

It's a bright Thursday morning, the birds are chirping. I've already done a 40 minute workout, had a shower, cleaned the shower, made my half of the bed because B was still sleeping in his half, and started a blog post at 7:39 am. Talk about productive! It's going to be a good day.

Yesterday was also a productive day. I talked with my sister, my brother and niece and nephew first thing...wait! First I did a work out because I was up and I have the urge to get back into shape...I'm motivated now and I don't want to lose it, so I sprang out of bed and did my two work out cd's. Than I talked with my sister and her family. I could feel myself slipping into a mode of laziness and decided I must take action! So I grabbed my purse and ran out the door. Where was I going? Hmm....Pick N Pull because that's logical. I had a purpose of going there, I am selling my car and it's missing a couple of knobs that go on the heat and airflow stick thingys. Yes those are the technical terms. But to no avail. So then what's a girl to do? I washed my car. It was fun. I blasted the music so I could hear it on the outside above the water noise and danced to my hearts content and sang out loud. No one could hear me so it was ok. Oh yeah, and I went to Peachland to get a head massager from the dollar store down there (we know the owners personally so it makes it more fun plus it's only a 15 minute drive at most). Then I came home and got the wiggles within 20 minutes and then it was out the door again. I don't know where all the energy came from but it was there and I wasn't going to waste it. I had gotten the urge to plant something. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not big into plants, just not my thing...but this urge was weird so I went with it and went to Walmart and picked up 4 plants and and a cute flower pot. I also got some pictures developed to put in the empty picture frames we have hanging up around our place. Then I came home and dropped it off and within 10 minutes I was out the door again. Haha, so funny. This time I was off to a chiropractor appointment. On my way I had the music blasting and I was singing to my hearts content and yes, even danced a little. It wasn't until a little boy in the passenger seat of a truck that was passing me got my attention and we laughed together that I realized that I'm not invisible. Oh well, the dirty dancing soundtrack is too good of one not to sing along to. After my appointment I came home and got ready for a walk that I had planned with a friend of mine. We'll call her A. We have decided to be accountable to each other and work out Mon-Fri. Nothing too vigorous but steady and easy to commit to. Yesterday we took our husbands with us and it was more like a gaunter than a walk, but it was fun! We went walking in this one sketchy neighbourhood that B and I had seen a house for sale in. Needless to say I don't think we'll be getting that one. After our walk we came back and watched some good old Criminal minds. While we did I potted my plants.
Now, I need some advice, you can see I've thought of something to put in the big box and the little box, but what do you think should go in the middle sized box? Doesn't the little cactus look so cute? I just love that little guy. And the Mickey and Minnie statue we got on our honeymoon in Disney World. And we also have to get three more wedding photo's to put in frames to make this corner complete. We need to get one of B's brother A and his wife T and also my sister and her husband and my brother and his soon to be wife. So many good memories.

Wow, if that wasn't an ADD post I don't know what is.

Happy Thursday everyone

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love african violets! They are so pretty :)
Maybe you could put herbs in the other pot?

See you later!

Mandi Bartel said...

I'm super impressed by your productiveness. I live on the other side of the energy spectrum these days! Thankfully I'm busy with school or else I would be a lifeless blob on my couch :)

white girl said...

A collection of your siblings' wedding photos! Very cool idea. Only uncool thing is that your older sister got married in 1995, so her photo is going to look so lame next to the newer, more modern looks. lol

Amy said...

Hey! Update already :)

Followers