Sunday, May 23, 2010

So many thoughts


The big 3-0 is coming up in only 3 and a half months. Can you believe it? I can and can't at the same time. I feel like I'm more than 30 some days when I look back at all that I've done. Yet at the same time I still feel youthful and full of imagination. I relate to Anne of Green Gables in that I can live in my imagination quite comfortably. Though I'm not as dramatic as my bosom friend, I am able to understand her and as a child wished I could be in her world along side her. What would it be like to be one of her classmates. Sitting beside Gilbert or Diana? Oh don't you just drown in the adventure possibilities?

Anyways, another tangent just for you. I hope you enjoyed it. I don't even remember what my original thought of blog update was going to be. I got side tracked because of the thought of me turning 30 this year crept inside and took over. It's a big year. But because I've been telling people I'm 30 for the last 3 years (yes just so it wouldn't come as a shock when it actually happened) it doesn't feel like it's that big of a deal. I would really just like a quiet movie night with some pizza and a few friends. Nothing spectacular. This is how I took in all my teen years. And I quite enjoyed my birthdays then.

I think I was going to finish off our last day of our Mexico trip. Well, actually last 2 days of our trip. The Friday, day 7, was just as much fun. A few of us (B, B's mom, B's brother T and I) headed downtown to set B off to the ocean to do some diving. However, because it was so windy his trip got cancelled. I felt so bad for him because he was really excited to be going. Part of me was a little relieved though because for
some reason I was really anxious of him going diving (I had just seen the movie 'Open Water' before we left and that scared me to the core). But I was mostly sad for him because I knew this was one of the adventures he had gotten so pumped about. So we went shopping for a bit before heading back to the resort. Once we got back to the resort we had lunch and just had a rest for the afternoon. It was so relaxing. That evening we had defined as "date night" so all the couples went to their 'restaurant' of choice. B and I chose the Mexican restaurant. As the host took us to our table we noticed B's brother J and his wife J. Then the host sat us down at the table right next to them. It was funny. After dinner we headed to B's other brother's room and played a card game called 10 phases.

Than we went back to our room for our final night in Mexico. The next morning we got up early and went for breakfast with B's brother T and his wife A/M (depending on how specific you wanna get). Than after breakfast we just kind of walked around and took in Mexico. B and I played in the water a little bit and then headed back to our room to pack. We went for lunch and then headed to the check out area to get ready to depart to the airport.

Once we arrived at the airport we were greeted with all the hopeful new tourists. The unburnt, adventure seeking, still a little high strung people. It was great! We looked so experienced and refreshed, and definitely use to the Mexican timing of things. Just like many hot cultures where they're a little more laid back and not so rushed. And that my friends concludes our Mexico trip.


This picture is one I took on day 7 while waiting to find out what was going to be happening with B's diving trip. This picture is also hanging on my washroom wall because it's calming and refreshing to me. I love it!

3 comments:

white girl said...

Wow! The big 3-0! We will have to include that in our turkey dinner, Christmas in July celebrations! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was hanging on the wall because of the water ... and, y'know ... the "encouragement" to go.

Amy said...

Love the pic as well as your brilliant idea of slowly easing into your thirties by telling others you are already 30 !!! lol

Followers