Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Day 2

The second day we were there we slept in to a nice time of 9am. Which if you think about it wasn't really sleeping in since it was 7am our time. But it said 9 on the clock and so we obliged and allowed the day to begin. We started the day off right with eating breakfast outside. I had indulged in cottage cheese and fresh fruit, honey dew and cantaloupe. It was so good!

After breakfast we headed down to the ocean to enjoy. Once we arrived I took no time stripping down to my bathing suit and proceeded to jump into the wave
s. B and I jumped over the waves at first, making a game out of it. Then our game became a new game where you had to sit and see who would get pushed further towards the shore. It was so much fun. I must tell you that we did have sunscreen on. I think it's 30 or 35 and it was waterproof. However, being in salt water it apparently gets washed off a lot quicker...who knew?

After our time in the ocean we relaxed on the shore basking in the sun. Enjoying our Pina Colada's that the girl was so kind enough to bring right to me. And I must tell you as a pineapple lover I enjoyed every sip!

We took a break for lunch and let me tell you the food there was fantastic! So many choices of meat, and for someone who forgot to take my iron pills along I was quite happy with the selection. I was able to indulge in many types of meat to get my iron lacking body what it needed. I must have looked like a freak to everyone with a mass of beefy goodness on my plate but I had my reasons and I'm sure it just looked like I wanted to try everything..haha. I was also happy with the mass selection of veggies to choose from. Seriously I could just go on and on about the food it was so good!

After lunch the entire Bartel clan wandered out to the pool. We had fun sitting on the side reading or chatting or swimming. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a fish and I pretty much spent the whole time in the water and enjoyed watching B's brother push B's mom across the pool on the underwater bike. It was a stationary bike, but he pushed it making it look like she was actually riding the bike under water. It was funny, trust me!

It was during my bathroom break when I looked in the mirror for the first time since leaving our hotel room. To my surprise Bob the Tomato was looking back at me. There was a lady standing to my right and looked in my direction when she heard my shock. I looked at her and said, "Oh well, what can I do about it now?" She laughed.

That was at the end of the day anyways. Shortly after (within minutes) we called it a day and headed back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. Both B and I were the equivalent colour of a lobster. The pain had yet to set in, but I knew what I was in for. B however, not so much prepared for what was to come.

Dinner was no disappointment. It was so great and I loved how every meal was completed with ice cream. Utopia! After dinner we walked as a family socializing and just having a great time. B and I would complete each day with an episode of Alf. That's right my 80's friends. Our alien friend Alf lives in Mexico!

This completes day 2. Guess what's next? You got it, day 3

5 comments:

white girl said...

B has never been sunburnt before? Where did he grow up? The North Pole?

Michelle said...

He has been sunburnt before...just not in silly places like his wrist where it hurts to bend it.

North Pole, that's funny...haha

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michelle, did you watch Alf on TV or did you bring DVDs with you?

Michelle said...

we watched alf on TV. It was on every night at 11ish. So awesome..

Allen said...

I have all four seasons of ALF on DVD. Seriously.

Followers