Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Time is still ticking

Today is Wednesday!  Woot!  I don't know why this is exciting but it is.  Only 4 more sleeps until my ultra sound due date, and 8 more sleeps until my "by date" due date.  Time is ticking!  I have a doctors appointment today and I'm looking forward to it.  My doctor always makes me laugh, she's such a sweet heart too!  Also on the agenda today, to go for a walk down by the lake with my two sisters and their little ones and possibly a cousin in the mix too!  I secretly hope to stop at the ice cream store and pick up a scoop of rocky road ice cream.  


It hit me yesterday that not this weekend but the following weekend is when a whole load of people are going to be pouring into town.  There will also be a wedding next weekend that hopefully we can attend as well as a 2 year old birthday party.  I feel bad that we can't commit to going to these events, I know as someone who has once been in the planning boat how frustrating that can be at times.  However, I know it's not up to me any more.  If it was I would give a definite yes or no, but since Kiwi is now in charge I have no say.  I'm ok with that.  


Kiwi has been squirming a lot lately.  I really like when she/he puts their little foot into my hand when I have my hand resting on my stomach.  It's so tiny and so cute.  Lately I must have toast with Raspberry Jam on it for breakfast.  I don't know if this is a craving or if it's something I just suddenly really like.  Whatever it is, it's so good and the day just doesn't start off right without it.  


I am wondering when Kiwi is going to make his/her debut.  I'm getting antsy because I want to meet her/him.  At the same time I am really still enjoying the pregnancy experience. I'm in no rush to get Kiwi out.  At the same time I'm so excited to finally meet this little person.  


Bird update:  Inigo and Fezzik the blue ninja (yes that is what we named the blue bird) are hilarious!  We call Fezzik the blue ninja that because one, Inigo and Fezzik are best friends and so are these birds so it's fitting, and the blue ninja part comes because he's so crazy in his escape skills.  The cage will be closed and covered and yet he still finds a way out.  They are both so funny to watch.  They have little games that they enjoy playing with each other.  I find them entertaining.  Also if they get too loud just putting the blanket over half the cage makes them chirp super quiet.  I'm so happy I figured this out before Kiwi comes.  I don't think it's fair to the birds to have them covered all day long, but at the same time I don't want them to be keeping Kiwi up from their squawking times...so the half cover thing I think might just work!  


Well, that's all there is to report for now.  After talking with B I have decided not to clean under the fridge and stove for now because there is still dry wall dust making it's way upstairs from the basement which is counter productive, so that item on my to do list won't get touched before Kiwi's arrival.  That was the last item on my to do list...so now I rest and possibly will make more cookies :)  


Until next time, 
Michelle

No comments:

Followers