Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The nursery

Ok, so I know I said I wasn't going to post pictures of the nursery until it was complete, but it's so freaking cute I can't resist but want to share pictures of it.  This might just end up being a draft and then I won't actually post it until it is complete but for now I have to get the urge of posting pictures out of my system.  So this is mostly just going to be a picture post.  The guy in the pictures is my brother drawing out the animals and I haven't caught Bethany in action yet, but she is the one that is doing the painting!  Again, just so excited!!!!  So without further ado:  

 The room before any drawings started...just placing the furniture to see where each animal would work best.
 Leo the Lion
 Where the African tree with monkey will go
 Cameron drawing the giraffe - he does all his drawings free-hand, such talent.  I once drew a rhino for a art project and my teacher said he wanted a rhino not a dog.  I guess we know where all the artistic genes went :)
 Giraffe
 Elephant
 Drawing out the tree branches
 Tree branches
 Giraffe pre-paint, looking into the crib
 The beginnings of painting
 Bethany was so patient and now she hates the colour yellow.  So much detail on that giraffe
 But look how awesome he looks!!!!
Elephant is getting colour
So super cute don't cha think?
I didn't get a shot of the process of the lion, he was just done so fast!!  
 What the wall looks like with the crib.  Kiwi's name will go above the crib as well


 You can sort of see the outline of the monkey and the tree, they will get finished next week.  But look how cute that elephant is!!
Looking in the nursery from the hallway with the lights off.  So sweet!!!!


 Our cousin Bethany busy painting. She did such an amazing job on everything!!  
The tree with the monkey that you can hardly see. 
 Same picture as above, but this time with our new glider in the picture too.  It's so comfy I've already fallen asleep in it more than once.
 The monkey hanging from the african tree.  I think it looks like the monkey is saying, 
"do you trust me not to poop on you" above the change table...so fitting.  
 Monkey hanging from the tree.  The picture frame that is on the dresser will be hung on the wall above the dresser.  We will also be adding some shelves to three of the tree branches.  I'll update that later.  
One little monkey hanging from the tree.  He's so cute isn't he? Well that's our nursery in a nutshell.  Just waiting for our honorary guest to arrive!  

2 comments:

White Girl said...

Oh my gosh!!!! This is the cutest nursery EVER!! I love it! I can't wait for Kiwi to be in there loving it too!

Melissa said...

I'm in awe of the talented artwork!! So great and child like....Kiwi will love it.

Followers