Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mama's day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's.  I know that for some this day is hard.  I remember last year avoiding it because I was still working through my emotions of losing our little peanut.  I also remember the year before when infertility was just discovered so dealing with all the unknown answers of why it wasn't happening for us also stung a little more on this special day.  I want to be sensitive to those of you who are still struggling, it isn't easy and I'm not going to say it ever will be. Just know I'm here for you if you need to talk or vent or whatever.  I've been in that boat and I won't take for granted the gift that I have been given.  It is truly special!  


Today marks 37 weeks, 3 weeks until Kiwi is "due".  We will see.  I have a feeling I'm going to be late, but it would be really cool if Kiwi was born on June 6.  The reason I say that is because than it would be 6/6/12 as a birthdate!  How awesome!  But I won't count on it, since it's up to Kiwi when she/he wants to come out of my comfy cozy tummy.  


I finally finished my blanket project.  It only took me a couple of months to do an hours worth of work.  Why do I do that?  I procrastinate from exciting projects, things I'm actually looking forward to and then when I finally buckle down to it, it takes no time at all?  So strange. 






 I also became very nerdy and made a binder of tracking sheets.  My doctor actually recommended making one of these, keeping track of sleep patterns, eating patterns and diaper changes.  That way if there are any issues that arise it's an easy go to chart to see if anything can be explained through the patterns that emerge.  So I took this to heart and made a binder.  B asked if I actually think I'll do it, I said, I'm going to try to keep it up to date as possible for the first couple of months.  Just because I have no idea what I'm doing :)  My to do list is getting smaller and smaller each day.  All the really big things are done (Except cleaning under the stove and fridge).  Now it's just a lot of little things that are left.  So weird.  






Well that's about all there is to update on that for now.  B says our nursery is very Martha Stewart.  Very colour co-ordinated and just seems like it should be in someone else's house.  I hope to have pictures of the nursery up by the end of the week.  I already have the blog post written up with the majority of pictures already...I'm just waiting for the final two pieces to be painted and then I will post that post.  


Until next time,
Michelle & Kiwi





No comments:

Followers