Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Buns and muffins!

Day 3 of mat leave.  I can't believe it's May already!  Time is flying by!!  Wasn't it just Christmas?  Today I made cinnamon buns (I know I said I was going to do this yesterday but the recipe intimidated me so I held off).  The recipe is an old English recipe and it had directions in it that just didn't make much sense to me.  So today I had the desire to look up such directions and tackled it.  I did find that next time I make it I should put the dough in a bigger bowl to rise because the bowl I had it in was too small and it ended up going over the side of it.  Kind of funny.  Anyways, the last time I made cinnamon buns (granted it was my first time ever making them) I crowded them in the pan for baking so they came out kind of doughy.  This time I remembered my past mistake and made sure to give them plenty of room.  They turned out so pretty.  I had one, quality control right?!  And it was yummy! I kept two out so B could try one and I could have one for breakfast tomorrow and then froze the rest.  Than I made 2 dozen carrot muffins.  I guess it's safe to say the bake off has begun.  


Today I had a nap while I let the dough rise.  When I woke up I decided I should get up and do some errands since it still needed more time to rise.  Than I went back to sleep.  Oops.  It was a very nice rest but man oh man was I groggy when I woke up.  


I also washed the rest of the baby things that I had that hadn't been washed yet.  I stocked up the baby's dresser with the onesies and sleepers and such. I organized what I had into categories - newborn size, 0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-12 months.  We only have one or two things in each drawer (except for newborn - a friend lent us all their newborn baby clothes).  It's so surreal that I'm getting the nursery ready.  The painting is coming along and it's super duper cute.  My brother did an amazing job on drawing the animals and our cousin Bethany is doing an incredible job painting them in.  I am so very pleased with the outcome so far.  She has the big African tree and monkey left to do and then it will be complete.  I am tempted to put pictures up already but I think I should wait until next week when the product will be complete.  Just know it's so cute and I can't wait to spend a lot of time in there.  


I think I need to have a shower cause my back is getting sore again.  It's weird,  I thought the pain would be in my lower back but I've been feeling back pain under my shoulder blades.  I'm guessing it's due to the weight of my belly and chest and my upper back is trying to compensate.  Just a guess.  


Kiwi is super active today. I love it.  It makes me feel close to her/him.  I am getting more and more excited as the days go by. Today on the countdown it said only 35 more sleeps until my due date.  Yikes!!! 


Well that's about all there is to report for today.  


Michelle

No comments:

Followers