Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The List has been made.

Yesterday was my first official day of mat leave and it was busy!  I cleaned the house making sure everything was nice and clean to start fresh.  Than I made a list.  It is an extensive list of all the things I want to get done before Kiwi comes.  There are 19 things on my list within lists.  Most of those 19 things have lists within them.  I think it will keep me busy for the next 5 weeks for sure and I'm trying to remember that rest is suppose to be in there somewhere.  Are you interested in my 19 things?  Even if you're not you can skip the next part, I'll number them so it's easy to skip to the next bunch of ramble. My list includes:
1. Clean the top of the cupboards and organize cupboards
2. Clean behind the stove and fridge
3. Make meals and freeze them
4. Bake
5. Sew baby blanket
6. Shopping (yes I have this on my list because I hate shopping!)
7. Pack overnight bag
8. Pack diaper bag
9. Make a list for people who ask, what can I do to help
10. Make a spreadsheet for data collection (yes I'm nerdy like that)
11. Make baby announcement cards so all I have to do is enter the photo - address envelopes 
12. De clutter walk in closet
13. Go through drawers
14. Install car seat
15. Re-arrange bathroom closet
16. Get black out blinds and install 
17. Get maternity pictures done
18. Write out birth plan (Get baby out - there done)
19. Write out a list of names and numbers to call after Kiwi is born


So as you can see some of the things are straight forward and others have a list within that task.  Like baking.  One of the mom's at the centre said to make muffins because they are easy to grab out of the freezer and you can eat them while nursing.  A helpful hint coming from a very experienced mom (she has triplets). Than there's the shopping..yoy!  Just a couple essentials to still pick up but nothing too serious.  So I think today I will take the time to break those that need their own list into smaller steps.  I am also going to my final sign language class today and I found a bumbo chair for really cheap on one of the parents sites on facebook so I will be going to pick that up today as well.  My baking task for today is to make cinnamon buns.  I will put the dough together and then when I get home from my class it should have had enough time to rise and then I can finish off the product this evening.  Well that's about all there is for today.  


Michelle

No comments:

Followers