Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 35

 Hello again.  Wow two updates in two days, you're getting spoiled!  Today I am considered to be 35 weeks pregnant.  How did that happen seriously?!  Time is going by so fast and I think I need to write up a daily plan for the next while so I don't forget to do anything that I want to get done before Kiwi makes his/her debut.  


Other than this stupid throat infection thing and nasty cold that goes along with it I've been feeling great!  I tire quickly but overall I'm feeling good. The last two weeks of work were difficult only because I was not only doing my job but training the new girls as well as out of towner BI's.  Training is exhausting because you have to be on two different mental levels at all times.  Keeping the child engaged as well as keeping them learning while you're trying to explain as you go what you're doing, why you're doing it, and the several ways you can hit that goal by being creative as well as when it's appropriate to reward the child and how long they get their reward for and so and so on.  It's tricky.  This last week I was only suppose to have 2 training sessions all week, but it turned out to be 5.  I felt bad for Friday's shadow because I kept jumping in when it was suppose to be her running the show and I was to be a fly on the wall.  However, it's hard not to jump in when you see the kid totally playing her.  


I am still in denial that I'm on mat leave.  It won't feel real until tomorrow when I don't go to work. However I have a little job to do tomorrow so that will help the denial go on a little longer.  


I have been really bad at taking pictures of my belly along this journey.  I haven't taken one since week 28.  I have to make an appointment this week for maternity pictures.  I won a contest at a baby fair I went to for 50% off a maternity shoot.  Actually I won both photo contests at that baby fair and have decided to use one for maternity pictures and one for new born pictures.  Or I might give one the packages away to a friend for her to use and then just take new born pictures myself or get a friend of mine to do them.  


It hit me this morning that we will have a baby in our home in the next 7 weeks for sure (that's giving myself a 2 week late timeline).  That's such a surreal and exciting and scary reality!  I am so excited to meet Kiwi.  Lately we've been talking to Kiwi and saying, "kick if you're a boy" or "kick if you're a girl" and then we wait, both times we've done this Kiwi stays still and doesn't respond.  It's like he/she is saying I'm not going to reveal the surprise!  


I am so excited for all the family that will be in town in and around that time.  It's going to be a crazy time but we have decided to not have anyone stay with us during that time.  Although I would love to host I think our new reality will be overwhelming and we will need the space to adjust.  We have a couple of family members that will be here before my due date and I hope that Kiwi comes a little early for them to meet him/her.  But being realistic and knowing that first babies tend to be late I won't be counting on it.  My sister and her family are also going to be in town around that time and so is my step sister and her family.  It's going to be mayhem.  But such an exciting time.


We have a couple friend who are getting married on June 9.  When they asked us to RSVP I told them that it was tricky.  I want to say yes we'll be there for sure, but it all depends on Kiwi and Kiwi's timing.  He/she calls the shots at this point.  We have decided that if baby is a week old we will go, or if Kiwi is still baking we will go and I will dance her/him out!  


Wow that became more of a ramble post.  Could I already be going stir crazy?  Uh oh! Time to get writing out that list of "to do's".  


Until next time,
Michelle & Kiwi

1 comment:

Sheila-Mama said...

Happy Mat leave...Kiwi will soon be with us :)

You could spend time hanging with your Dad..he loves visitors. He makes a good lunches.

Did you rent out your condo?

Where is your Mom staying after Kiwi is born..I read your post about no company?

My test showed nothing. I see the GI dr in June..see what the next step is..craziness.

Your sister has not updated her blog.....must be busy?

Followers