Friday, April 20, 2012

Almost 34 weeks

I tell ya, these weird dreams keep coming. The other night I had a dream that my work hired a new girl and while I was training her she kept sitting on me making it really hard to breath. When I woke up I realized I needed to roll over because the way I was sleeping there was too much pressure on my stomach. It made me laugh later when I thought about it.

I have started to wake up much more frequently through the night. Good training on kiwi's part. But it's exhausting to be up 10 times through the night. That's double what it has been. It's also super hard to get comfy and find right under my right shoulder blade, that muscle is always tense. I don't know why. It's kind of annoying, but I don't want to complain. I'm still very much enjoying being pregnant and find it to be such a gift to experience it. I love when kiwi does the wave or flips over. I find it funny when he/she is way over to my right hand side snuggled up to my ribs. There's a lot of pressure there but it doesn't hurt. I try to wiggle her/him back to the middle of my belly though cause I think it's weird when she/he is way over there and the rest of my tummy looks weird. For the most part kiwi hangs out in the middle of my tummy or on the top part.

People have been asking me if I think it's a boy or a girl. I really don't know. Some days I feel girl and other days I feel boy. All the kids I work with (including little dude that told me I was pregnant before I knew) say girl. My one niece is the only kid that has said boy and that we should name him Herbert. (Where do kids get this stuff?!) My other niece has tried to scare me into having a girl - "Auntie M it will hurt a lot more if it's not a girl."

I can't believe I only have one work week left before mat leave. How did that happen? I am getting exhausted by the end of the work day and I know my time is ticking but seriously, how did the time go by so fast? I have been following a couple of vlogs (YouTube blog type things) of two girls who are going through the pregnancy journey. One girl just gave birth to twins and the other just gave birth to her daughter. I started watching the one that gave birth to her daughter before she found out she was pregnant. Her story is extremely similar to mine. To think she was only 5 weeks ahead of me in the pregnancy journey and here she's had her baby already! Reality check!!!

This past week at work I've been busy training (hence the dream) the new girls who will be replacing me for the next couple of months. It's so tiring trying to train people because you have to be on two different levels. You need to engage the child and get the work done, but you also need to explain what you're doing, why you're doing it and where to get the info to do it at the same time in adult talk. Next week I'm training again (not as much as this week). It's a tiring way to go out but I understand it needs to be done. And it was brought to my attention that this week (because one of the other BI's is away) I was the most seasoned BI. That's crazy!
Well this just turned into a rambling post. Can you tell B's been away?? He comes back tonight.
Until later,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers