Monday, June 04, 2012

Sometime Soon - I hope

Today I went to the doctor and everything seems good.  Kiwi can come at any time.  She told me that she doesn't expect me to make it to the end of the week.  Crazy!  I guess that means I should clean the house.  In the last few days my lower back has been really sore, not in the middle but just on either side.  I told my doctor this and she said this is a good sign, it's my body getting ready for labour.  Yay?!  Let's just say the heat pack has been a life saver as well as hot showers!  Except hot showers after a while knock the wind out of me.  So weird!  I remember growing up having the hottest of showers and afterwards the bathroom feeling like a sauna it was so hot in there.  I can't handle such hot showers any more.  Especially being pregnant I am already feeling like a roaster.  I have been taking advantage of "shower time".  Everyone says to enjoy it now before kiwi comes because showers will never be the same...long and luxurious.  So I have to say I've been doing the things people say to take advantage of.  


I joked with my doctor today saying Kiwi needs to come by Wednesday or wait until Saturday evening.  She laughed and said, you know that Kiwi's going to come right in the middle of your plans right? haha.  I have things to do this week though.  It's funny really it's one of my most social packed weeks.  I have a girls party to go to on Wednesday evening.  Friday I have a grad party I'm invited to, Saturday we have a family friend's wedding as well as a 2 year old birthday party to attend.  So you see you know Kiwi's going to come smack in the middle of it all :)  I'm so very excited to meet Kiwi!  I'm anxious now to know if it's a boy or girl.  I also want the labour part to be over.  I'm not afraid to ask for the drugs.  As B puts it, "you would be crazy not to.  Would you get a root canal done without freezing?" 


I had a dream last night that I was in the hospital and told the nurse B's theory and she liked it  so much I could hear her saying the same thing to other patients.  It was really kind of funny.  


Well, hopefully I will give you a fun update soon!  Don't worry I will leave the gross details out.  I say this because I've had friends give minute to minute updates on their labour process on facebook which I think is a little bit too much information, but that's my deal.  I think some things are better kept private because you all don't need to know the very inner most details of my journey.  


Looking forward to meeting you kiwi!  -Love mommy-


Michelle

No comments:

Followers