Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend of Adventure




Here I sit, sniffling, sneezing, coughing and a throbbing headache. The head cold is well worth the weekend that brought it on. I awoke on Friday morning to be greeted by my very excited husband. He went off to work for a half day and I ran a couple of errands. As soon as he came home he finished packing his clothes (everything else was ready). We were out the door and on the road in record time (for us anyways). We stopped and got some lunch and then started our road trip down to Vancouver to take in the Olympic fever. We arrived in the early evening and went into North Vancouver to stay at his Uncle's house. What a view. It was an amazing place of retreat. After the weekend was over we felt as though we had had a vacation. Just wonderful!

On Saturday we woke up late and headed down town to the festivities after taking in the great view and just soaking up the sun. We got on the bus and it instantly reminded me of the bus' we took in Disney World. Brenton told me I need to take transit more because not all buses lead to Disney. I learned that this weekend...but they did lead to excitement! I love the bus!!




We walked around downtown V
ancouver for over 9 hours. It was so much fun. We didn't stand in line for anything because the minimum lineup was 2 hours and we were unsure of what it actually lead to. So instead of standing in the mystery lineup we just walked around and watched all the street performers and activity. The energy level that surrounded us was intense and we just laughed and walked, and walked, and walked.


We saw t
he Olympic Torch and the rings. We even saw some drama's being done on the sidewalk. This is funny because it was dramas that we did while in Omega and one of them was written by my brother in law. It made me feel as though they were near and it was good.

Walking around with thousands of people you wouldn't think you would run into anyone you knew but we did! We ran into our friend Katherine not once but twice (and not within minutes the first time was at about 3 in the afternoon and the second time was at 9:30). As I walked down the street I heard my name being called out and turned to see and it was my cousin Kris and his fiance Brittany. What are the odds? It was just so much fun.

At about 10pm we went back to B's Uncle's place and sat and chatted about everything we had come across in the day.

Sunday morning came really fast and we gathered up our things and had breakfast and headed out to see a couple of friends. After we were done there we had to head back to see another couple of friends (being from Abby makes it hard to see everyone we want to see in one trip). On our way to dinner there was a pipe in the middle of the road and it wasn't seen in time and we drove right over it, denting the rim on our front driver's wheel. This put a bit of a damper on our trip. After dinner we had to fix it(I say we but really we all know it was B who fixed it). Then we were on our way home. We didn't get back to town until well after midnight. I think it was actually closer to 1am when we walked in the door. Do you think our night ended there? Nope, we talked with my sister and caught up with her for a while before turning in for the night. I hadn't been able to talk with her for over two weeks so we had much to talk about. I will stop talking now because it's already a long post, but I tell you I have so much to share after such a great weekend!

Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers