Thursday, February 25, 2010

Order of Business

So today is good news day! I won't have more information than what is on here until Monday so hold tight for a continuation. Until then I won't hold you in suspense of what my good news is. Well, maybe I will. haha. That would just be mean.

First order of business. Now that it's public knowledge and the key people who need to know have been informed I'm free to announce this excitement in a public way. Meaning? I can say it on my blog. I really want to shout it because I am sooo excited! My baby brother is ENGAGED!! Rebecca-Lee (aka Becky) is going to be my newest little sister. This makes me so happy and I can hardly wait until July 11, 2010. This also means that starting NOW I must start getting in shape so I can look good on my little brother's big day! They started sharing details with me, but that is their story to tell. It's going to be fancy and beautiful, that much I can say. One really romantic thing she told me was that her favorite part of him is his eyes. Then she said that she was so happy because no matter how they age, his eyes will stay the same. My favorite part of their description was when they were telling me the date they had chosen. "It's July 11, you know 7/11. Every anniversary we're going to get a slurpee from 7/11". Haha! My kind of people! In the first picture and second picture is where I was "tossing the bouquet". And it really does work!

Soon to be sisters!!!


The happy couple!

Second order of business. I finally have a job! Praise the LORD!!!! I'm so excited about it too. It's called a "casual position". But she said that I can work up to 40 hours a week if I want to. It's up to me to tell them when I want to work and for how long. (Um can we say every day!) I will be working within 3 facilities filling in for people on sick days, holidays and when they are short someone or just need an extra helper. I will be a back up in the class (assistant). And I will be with pre-schoolers in the mornings and kindergartners in the afternoons. How exciting. And while I was waiting for the lady to arrive to do my second interview(she was running a little late) the allowed me to sit in on a class of my choice to see how it was. That was so much fun. I played a rhyming game and then did some art. Then we played a name game and while we played this, one little girl did not want to sit in the circle. So while she had her tantrum we carried on. But it was sooo funny when half way through the song she came in and stood in the middle of the circle. When the teacher asked her to sit down she yelled back, "BUT I AM SITTING". hahaha. I had to hold in my laughter because I did not want to encourage this behavior but seriously the funniest thing ever. There were a couple more of these moments where I had to hold in my laughter and I think this is going to my the most challenging for me (to hold in my laughter). These little people are just little funny creatures. I so enjoy watching them and hearing what they have to say. The way they see the world is just so precious.

So I go back in on Monday to fill out my paper work and find out when I start. This is such an answer to prayer. Thank you to everyone that prayed or gave words of encouragement! It means so much to me. Mandi and Dawn your messages of encouragement came at such relevant times and I thank you with a shout out!

Order of Business number 3. I have not done this before but I'm going to keep my blog followers keep me accountable. This way it's not just Amy and I holding e
ach other accountable but now we both have you all keeping us on track. (You can follow her blog at: http://murraymae.blogspot.com/) We made a pact yesterday to lose 15 pounds by June. This isn't so bad (3 pounds a month). But if possible lets make it 30. haha. ok. That might be a little extreme. But anywho, wanna get in shape for the wedding and there's also a family vacation coming up on the B side. So there it is. For everyone to see. Our decision is to work out Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And to watch our daily intake. I think of it as a life change rather than a diet. This is because the word "diet" has so many negative connotations to it. It also says to me that you can't have certain things. I'm a sugar junkie through and through, to cut this out would be insanity. So instead how about just have a little sugar rather than the whole 10kg bag. haha. It's not that bad. But do you see the temptation I'm dealing with? Anyways, please help me keep this goal. I want to run or at least walk the Summerland 5k this coming summer. This is my goal! Woo hoo!!

Well, that's about all there is to report for now. Until next time.

Michelle.

No comments:

Followers