Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I know, I know, it's over. But it's still exciting none-the-less. Some of my single friends call Feb 14, Single Awareness Day. This is sad but funny at the same time. I have been there and I know how painful that day can be while it seems you're surrounded by nothing but lovey dovey couples. I remember being a server who served the lovey dovey couples...one time having to serve an ex-boyfriend with his new girlfriend. Yeah, that wasn't awkward. And yes, that was on Valentine's Day too. I look back at that and smile because it made me who I am. I was still able to hope for that kind of moment with someone I love. After waiting for so long I have finally had my second best Valentine's Day ever!

Last year was my first best Valentine's Day. I had school that day (it was a Saturday) and then I met up with B at his brother's place to help move some stuff in. As we were unpacking B told me to get the stuff out of the front passenger seat. There was a flower in a vase and I started carrying it into the house when B's brother asked me what I was doing. I told him I was moving it into the house for him and he said, "that's not mine?". That's when B stepped in and said that it was for me for Valentine's Day. It was my favorite flower (an Orchid) and it was beautiful! Then we went and re-lived our first/second date. It was our first date without another person around. Our first date is worthy of it's own blog post. So I will do that at a later time. But we went for a long walk through mission Creek park. This is normally a wonderful walk, except on Feb 14 of 2009 it was cold and covered in ice. It was more of a cautious walk holding onto each other for support. We walked by another frozen couple who were having a picnic in the frigid weather. We laughed a lot and just really enjoyed each other. Afterwards we went back to my place and I made dinner. It was a fun day and full of love.

Than this Valentine's Day we were out of town. We went to Calgary for a friends wedding. It was beautiful and every part was full of love. I just love weddings! They make me so happy. (That was on Saturday). On Sunday we headed back to town and went to B's grandparent's house. I had his Grandma tell me the story of when they got engaged. So awesome! He had proposed to her through a letter. Can you imagine mailing an engagement ring? Can you imagine what it must have been like to have to wait for a response through a letter? You wouldn't have an immediate yes/no. Well, 62 years later means it must be working, in the famous words of B's Grandpa, "If it's not broke, don't fix it". I just love hearing people's love stories. Our Valentine's Day didn't end there, but I am not able to go into the details of the remainder of the night at this point.

Well, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Single or coupled. It's a great day to reflect on all the love in our lives. To be Christ's Bride is romantic.

Until next time,
Michelle

1 comment:

Sheila said...

It was GREAT to see you and Brenton!!! I enjoyed our short time together. Come back anytime.

So did cupid's arrow shoot and hit that special person starting with B and ending in Y?

Followers