Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What I'll do in order to give you new material to read

Wow, what I’ll go through in order to come up with some new material for you to read. But before I tell you how my weekend ended I will go back to, what was it, Thursday? Yes I think that’s where I left off. On Thursday I went to work, which was fun, and I think that’s all I did that day. On Friday I went to work, came home and had a well deserved nap. When I woke up my friends Lori, Kristin and I went to see the movie, Date Movie. It was really funny. After the movie we went to Tim Horton’s for coffee. When we got there Jodi and her friend Jaquie were there. So we went and sat with them. Not too long after Barbie and Dave showed up. So we all sat and had coffee together. After that I went home and went to bed. No, I didn’t really go straight to bed, but I can’t report what I did because I don’t remember. I know I didn’t get to bed until like 4am though. When I woke up it was 2:30pm. heehee oops. Then I got ready for work. After work I went to Boston Pizza with Dave and Barbie and Jodi. That was a lot of fun. I had some thai bites and let me tell you, something was arguing in that tummy of mine because I felt like I was going to be sick. Not so fun. So I really did go home and go to bed. The next day, Sunday? yes, Sunday I got up and went to church. After church was over there was a lunch at the church for everyone, but Jodi, Barbie and I went out instead. Not because we’re rude but because Jodi has to be careful in what she eats so this was an easier option. We went to the only restaurant in town, yes you guessed it, Humpty’s. I had the famous BBQ chicken ceasar salad. yum. After lunch I came home, or did I? No I didn’t. I went to Future shop and that is where you got the last update on my blog. Right, that’s what happened. After future shop, oh, just so you all know I did buy something at future shop. So I didn’t just use them for their internet setup. I bought two movies. Field of Dreams and Along Came Polly. Then I came home and I started to watch the movie, Field of Dreams. I fell asleep. When I woke up it was already 9:30. Too late to go to Bible Study. I was so mad at myself because I wanted to go. So I watched a couple of shows and then watched Field of Dreams, again. This time I got to almost the end when....(did you like the ... it is used to build suspense, kind of like this little blip, I’m just stalling now. Ok, ok, I’ll tell you) I heard a tink tink noise. I was like, what on earth is that. So I looked around and then I saw a couple of drops of water coming from the ceiling. I was like, that can’t be good. So I grabbed a pot from my kitchen, put it under the leak and grabbed my laundry room key and ran out the door. I got up to the laundry room door and unlocked the door. Still couldn’t open it. The deadbolt was locked. I don’t have a key for that part so I started to knock really loudly. No answer. Then I started to ring the doorbell, a lot. Kind of like Grandpa Mckay. Finally the guy answered the door. I didn’t mean to but I pretty much shouted at him, what’s going on up here. He was like, wha....there was water spewing across the room. There was a gigantic hole in the hose on the washing machine. I was like, turn the water off. He tried, but nothing was happening. I was like, has someone called the landlords. That’s when he said, we can do that tomorrow. I was like, um, no. We’re going to do that right now. So I ran downstairs, when I walked in there was water coming from everywhere. I pushed my couch over as far as it could go so it wouldn’t get wrecked. Then I searched for the landlords number in the phone book. I don’t know if you’ve ever been in that sort of situation but you’re eyes can’t really focus. I phoned the wrong number at first. I had to look in the phone book again. I finally got a hold of him. I apologized for calling so late(it was 1am). Then I told him that we had a situation and I think he needs to come over. He asked what the problem was. I told him. He told me to get the people upstairs to turn the water off in the front bathroom. So I ran up to the laundry room again and told him what to do. The water stopped. Whew. I ran back downstairs to put more pots and bowls and anything I could under the leaking parts. Every towel I own and every baking dish I own, every blanket, except the one on my bed were on the floor. What a mess. I ran back upstairs to see what was going on. The room was covered in water. The landlord arrived. (He only lives 5 streets over). Once he was there I headed back downstairs to clean up my place. After a lot of shouting(coming from the landlord) I ran back upstairs to see if I could be any help. He said no, but he was turning off the water. Then he came down to check the damage in my place. I don’t think he was prepared. I kept saying it wasn’t as bad as it could be. Then he entered and was like, wow. I’m sure God had his hand over the whole situation because a) I rearranged my furniture when I wasn’t sick(I don’t know why but I usually only do it when I’m sick with the flu). b) I rearranged my room again since those pictures and voting and I wasn’t sick. (This meant that my computer was on the other side of the room as well as my big furniture, I only had to move my couch). c) The laundry room is right over the hot water tank room, the heater room, the electrical box room and the water didn’t even touch that room. Instead all it got was the carpet. Woohoo. I was up until 4am cleaning up and talking with my sister. I finally fell asleep. It’s hard to sleep when you’re stinkin’ cold, wet, filled with adrenaline and worried what you’re going to do with your cat for the day when you’re not allowed to have a cat where you live. hee hee oops. So I called Erin and asked if she could go there for the day. She said yes. Whew. But that meant I had to be up by 7. You can do the math. After I dropped puss in boots off I came back home and slept for another hour. Then the landlord came over with a shop vac and fan. He also fixed the washing machine. Do you wonder why this all happened? It is easily avoidable. The people upstairs had left the door open for a long time and all the pipes froze in the laundry room. Then when you put hot water in the washing machine a hole broke through. Hense a mess. Don’t try this at home. After all this stuff I still had to go to work. And of course their is a conference going on in town so we were stinkin’ busy. I didn’t get home until 8:30. In that time, stupid cook got fired. So that made the day interesting. After work I came home because nobody was at home at Erin’s house. At 9:00 I tried calling again. Ruth was there. So I went and picked her up(Puss in Boots).
*Crazy Cat Lady Moment*
I don’t know what it is there, but Puss in Boots(PNB) hates it. I don’t know if it’s their cat that she hates but something sets her off. She becomes this mean little bully. She hisses at not only the other cat but at the people as well. So when I left her there she scratched me a lot. When I went to pick her up I asked Ruth, so where is she. She said, oh, we haven’t seen her all day. I was like, what? She could be dead. So I went looking for her. I went downstairs because that is where I had left her. Their cat had a bunch of scratches on her face so it was obvious that there had been a cat fight. I went into the laundry room still no sight of her. So I called out to her. I heard the saddest little noise. I was like, I hear you where are you. Again, a sad little noise. So I followed it. I looked under the stairs and there were the saddest little eyes looking back at me. She was surrounded by boxes and she was crouched. So scared. Poor girl. So I went to the front of the stairs and called for her to come. She slowly approached me. Then she came out and just cuddled. Poor girl. So I brought her home. Since she’s been home when ever I’m out of her sight she starts crying. When I left for work this morning she hissed at me. It’s so sad. I woke up last night and she was sleeping all cradled in my arm. So sweet. She loves me, she really loves me. *Crazy Cat Lady Moment* is over. Well, that’s about all there is to report. You’re all caught up to date now. Sorry this entry was so long. Until next time. Peace Out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such an exciting life Michelle.....even the ordinary days turn into dramas!

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle-so glad you are updating your post now! Hooray!
Sorry to hear your place got wet, i hope PNB recovers from the trauma too...

Lauren said...

Yay I finally have time to comment! Well I can relate to the water thing. Our basement got flooded a couple years back cause of our hot water tank, that sucked. Our TV, computer, everything were down there. Nowadays I get African flooding! Which is basically me being stupid leaving my windows open during there harsh rain storms, walking into my room, and wandering why the floor is all wet.

white girl said...

Will the upstairs tenants take care of the repair bill? I hope so! Nice of him to to say, "We'll call the landlord tomorrow" when the water is spraying all over the place behind him. Umm.. yeah.. not too bright.

Michelle said...

no kidding. Obviously their place wasn't being flooded. I don't know what they or if they had to pay for upstairs or down. But all my stuff is ok so that's a relief. I just have some discoloration on the carpet. All is well. I will be updating my blog tomorrow for all of you who are wondering. :) I have a cool God story to share:)

Followers