Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm Back (Part 3)

When I got home from the restaurant I was welcomed by a message on my answering machine. It was from my mom. She said she didn't know if she was going to come to town or not. When I phoned her she had decided not to come. We talked for a while and then I told her that my new computer desk was really frustrating because the screws wouldn't go into the wood part for me. She asked if I wanted her to come to town with her power tools. Who could turn down that offer? She arrived here within 45mins. (It's suppose to be at least an hour drive). Can we say lead foot? When she got here we went and did some shopping. When we were done the shopping we came back to my place and I played with the power tools. Mom said that was a scary sight. I was making some comments and making weird mwahhahahaha laughter noises. I told her that's why they won't let me be a dentist. I told her that I should be in construction and she said that nothing would get done then. I don't know what that was suppose to mean. Yeah, putting my desk together took a long time, but it got finished. There was also one point when I used my legs and feet to whip stuff up to my hands. She thought this was weird. She said that they certainly didn't have those kind of moves on a construction site. I remember having these kind of competitions with my sister growing up. Picking up ones socks with your toes and then flipping it up to your hands. Or having contests on who could spread their baby toe out the furthest. You're doing this now aren't you? It's ok, admit it. It's fun!!
After the desk was all set up we watched a movie. We watched Flight Plan. I thought this movie was suppose to be scary, but it wasn't. It was a good movie don't get me wrong I enjoyed it. I just thought it was suppose to be scary. After the movie was over, Mom headed home and I headed to Bible Study. I was late because of the movie but it was worth it. When I arrived they were just finishing the study. Afterwards we all just sat around and talked. It was a good time. That was the end of my Sunday.

1 comment:

white girl said...

Michelle, you remember the weirdest things from our childhood haha. And, yes, I was making my pinky toe go out to the side when you said that. haha

Followers