Sunday, February 26, 2006

Just another Day at the Future Shop

Hey everyone. I bet you won't guess where I am when I write this blog entry. Am I at a computer, yes. Am I at my computer? no. I am at future shop. Actually I just had a sales man, my friend, come and ask me what I am doing. So I expained to him that I was doing an entry for my blog. He was like, what's a blog. So I introduced him to the blog world. That's right, I like to get everyone involved. Anyways, I'm getting some really funny looks from the people in the store. Not that it's unrare to get funny looks. I just thought I would write an uninterupted blog entry for you all to read. It's fun yeah?
Before I go though I'll tell a little big about Wednesday. I went to work which was a blast and a half. After work I went straight to youth group. I had a good time. Except I think I was suffering from a case of ADD. Not the mathematical type but the attention deficit type. I couldn't focus on anything. That's kind of ironic because the name of the senior high youth group is called Focus. haha. Anyways, I'm sure it had nothing to do with me sitting beside my friend Lori. After the service part of youth we broke up into our small groups. That was fun. After that we went downstairs to have "snack time". Instead I challenged Naz to play foosball wih me. It was so fun. You see, on Saturday at the pool hall, I discovered that I wasn't good at pool but that I had wasted all my time in Bible College. I hadn't played more than two games in Bible school, and I have mad skills at it. I didn't know this until Saturday night. I have wasted 25years of not playing. Anyways, I still lost the game to Naz but only by one point. So I think it's ok. After he won he kept saying that his prize was being allowed to drive my car. I was like, I never agreed to that. haha. After youth group we went to McDonalds. We do this every week. While we were there Dave and I got on the topic of what kind of drugs we took when we got our wisdom teeth taken out. He told me that he took his t3 just for fun. He wasn't in any pain. haha. I told him about my time in Romania and the drugs I was on then.(Thank you Debbie) If I haven't told you this story don't fret, I'll be telling it shortly. Then I don't know how we got onto the subject of crystal meth(a really bad drug) but he was imitating someone on it. I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants. He was touching everything and making his eyes go all weird. Then he was pretending to lick things and just being goofy. Than he reached over to Pastor Ruth's coat and started to feel it. (It is fur). She was like, what are you two doing? So after a while of still acting like this he told her. She was like oh, ok. And then went back into the other conversation with the other people. So stinkin' funny. He didn't even get a reaction. That pretty much concluded the night. \
Ok, so now I'll tell you the story of Romania. Before we left to go over there we were told to eat everything on our plates or it was considered rude. So for breakfast there it was. It was just staring at me. I didn't know what to do. What was it? It was none other than an egg. That's right just a little harmless little egg right? That may be true but in my case it symbolizes so much more. I knew growing up that I didn't like eggs so I just didn't eat them. I had no idea that the reason I didn't like them was because, well, you'll see. Oh, and by the way, don't eat everything on your plate there because that means that you're still hungry and they'll bring you more to eat until you stop. This took us a couple of days to figure out. Ok, so after breakfast we went on a prayer walk. We were going to people's homes that needed a special prayer. We got to the first house and I wasn't feeling so hot. I just passed it as just a bad smell or something that set me off because once I was outside I felt fine again. We headed towards the next home that we were going to. When we got there we met the family that needed prayer because the man of the home had a possibility of going to jail for not paying taxes. And if he went the lady of the home didn't know how she would take care of the family. They have 10 children. So we started to pray. Just to give you an idea of how many people were in the room we'll say close to 20. So as I was praying I didn't have my eyes closed or my head bowed. Than I felt rude so I closed my eyes and bowed my head. That is when the room started to spin out of control, my face and body started to shake and sweat, the room felt like it was closing in on me. I searched with panic around the room. How could I get out. The window was closer to me, but it was closed and me and international opening things just don't agree. (I once got locked in a bathroom in London and couldn't open the door. I spent an hour in there and the host family had to come and take the door off the hindges to get me out. There was nothing wrong with the door, just a lock I didn't understand and try and take directions from someone you can't understand through a door. Plus I panicked and just cried. haha I was only 15 at the time and that's my excuse). Anyways, I searched for an alternative to get out. There was nothing left but the door on the other side of the room. I had to bolt through the prayer circle. I decided I would go for it because it was coming and it wasn't going to stop. I took off like a jet and collapsed right in the middle of the circle. I cried and heaved, in front of everyone. Right away Bill, my professor, called out, who's the medic. My poor friend Alisha was like, I am. She looked shocked. I didn't want to live through this, it was so embarrassing. I seriously thought I was going to get in trouble because my secret was out. What secret you ask? Well, on that breakfast plate not only was there an egg but there were 5 black olives. I hate olives so I would just swallow them. Well, there they sat. Sick. Anyways, she took me to the next room where I sat by a window and drank water and cried. The lady of the home came over to see how I was and I told her through my really cute interpreter that I was so sorry. She said not to worry about it, she has 10 kids, she's use to it. I cried some more, here is a lady who's going through so much stress and turmoil and she's so comforting to a complete stranger who stank up her house. After we left we went back to the church and had lunch. I didn't have anything too big. Then we started talking about our first day of children's ministry. Bill asked who is going to take Michelle's spot? I was like, no one I am going to do it. Then he said, no you're going to bed. I was like, no I feel great now I can do it. He just gave me the look and I said fine. I was really mad because I didn't come across the world to go to bed. But he obviously knew what he was doing because for the rest of the day I ran to the washroom with a bucket in hand. Why? It was coming out of every spot on my body. So inbetween segments I sang to myself. (Lets just say I can't sing the song Let The River Flow with a straight face any more.) My friend Melanie came back to the place we were staying because she too wasn't feeling well. Except she had the complete opposite of what I was going through. I said to her, if you give me some of yours you can have some of mine and we will be healed. haha. Too bad it doesn't work that way. So Debbie, our leader person in Romania came and gave me some really good stuff. I don't know what it was, I can't read Romanian, but it sure took me through a loop. I was talking to my hoodie strings for a good hour and a half. Then it made me pass out. Such a good feeling. So yeah, that big long drawn out story is to tell you all that I have an allergy to egg yolk. haha. Well, that's about it for today. I look forward to telling you about the rest of the week and the weekend. Then we'll be all caught up. Plus I'll be at my own computer and I can load up pictures and stuff. Ok, until next time. Peace out from Future Shop.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I so HATE EGGS!!! You and I could have an egg contest........see who can bring up the egg fastest? When I eat eggs......they come up faster than I can get them down.

Anonymous said...

Eggsactly, get crackin and tell us olive your other yolks Michelle!!

~M said...

I heard the Let the River flow story from Mel and I can't sing it either! but I never heard your side...must have been a fun day. (I did the whole puking my brains out there too...but at least I managed to hide outside:)

white girl said...

I can't believe you wrote that whole entry while standing in the middle of a Future Shop! LOL You are funny.

Dad - *rolling my eyes* You are too much.

Michelle said...

I know, what was suppose to be just a quick little hi from Future Shop turned into a full entry..haha. Good times. The computer I was using works really well though. haha(that was my advertising for the store) :)

Followers