Saturday, March 24, 2012

The day has been marked

Yesterday marked Friday. B came home from his long "3 day trip" that ended up being more like 5 days because someone had a brain fart when planning his return trip home. It also marked the day the electricians came over and finished up the remaining electrical work in our unfinished basement. It also marked the day when I went for a wonderful massage, I'll tell a funny little story about the massage itself in a minute. It also marked the day when I had my first stranger danger touch my stomach. I've always said that if I had a stranger touch my stomach (without asking) I would rub their stomach as well and pretend that this is normal. However, I was so shocked that it was actually happening that I forgot my plan. I kicked myself later but I will be more prepared for the next time. Maybe even intercept their hand and shake it before they reach my belly. I don't mind people touching my stomach, but have the decency to ask first, otherwise it's just creepy!

While I was enjoying my massage kiwi was kicking up a storm. Than at one point she was trying to work out a knot that was in my mid back (that has just started to form itself) and while she was pressing on that part baby was pushing on my lungs knocking the breath out of me since it was pressure coming from both sides. The relaxing massage now became a battle of being able to breath. That 2 minutes was not very comfortable but it was soon over and my back is feeling so much more relaxed! Totally worth it!

After I picked up B from the airport we stopped and got some ice cream and came home. We both didn't finish our ice cream and put it in the freezer for later (I don't know why I just added that detail of our day but there you have it) and then I soon after decided to lay down for a rest. Well, it turned out to be for the night. When I woke up this morning I had slept for over 12 hours. I don't know why I was so tired. Maybe sympathy sleepiness since B had pulled an almost all nighter the night before.

Today (Saturday) my friend and I went to a baby fair. She has a 8 1/2 month year old and she really wanted to go to the fair for the "sleep through the night" presentation. When we first arrived I was a wee bit over stimulated. There were many booths set up and people at each booth pining for your attention. However, it was so hard to even concentrate on what you were looking at because there were 10 other booths that were just as interesting. When I finally controlled my brain and settled into being able to focus it was really fun. There were booths on pretty much everything. My favourite part though, my friends baby screaming with delight at the photo shoot centre. She is so cute!

This evening we went out for dinner to celebrate B's father's birthday. It was so nice to be with his family and spend time with them and our nephew. He's so funny and cute. Seriously I don't think the kid can get any cuter! After dinner we went back to B's parents' house and had some pumpkin pie, which was delicious!! (I'm not usually a pumpkin pie fan but this was really yummy!! ) I love how my taste buds are no longer mine and I'm finding joy in some things I don't normally enjoy and sadly don't like some of my favourites, but that's easing up :)

Well, I think that's all there is for now.
Until next time,
Michelle and Kiwi

No comments:

Followers