Sunday, October 30, 2011

The weekend is a blur!

Going on a date night! I'm excited. We've been planning this for quite some time now, but because of B's new position he gets called into work often and our plans get put on hold. I came home from shopping and B said, "we're going out for dinner tonight". I was like, oh with who? Are we going somewhere? And he replied, no as a date night! I cheered! He asked me where I would like to go and I suggested ABC restaurant. That's right girls I'm that classy! He laughed at my suggestion and said, isn't there a 60year old requirement to go there? I can't help that they have the best Thai chicken salad in town and that is what I would like to consume for dinner this evening. He agreed since they do have good beer on tap. So that is where we are going for our date night this evening! Living it up I tell you! I'm not even being sarcastic I am so happy with this choice!

This weekend, even though I was slow moving, I was still able to accomplish a lot. Yesterday I planted 16 more bulbs (that's in addition to 2o something I planted a few weeks ago). Than I finished sewing the seam on my dress for my Halloween costume and I fixed the length in the shoulders since it was sitting pretty high because it was too big (yay! Have I mentioned that since Thanksgiving I've lost 8 pounds?). B had mentioned to me that it was sitting pretty high and that I should fix it. At first I was like, I don't care! I don't want to fix it. But than decided he was right and I didn't want the kiddos I'm working with get an accidental peep show. So I took apart the liner and got to the seam that needed an extra inch closed up. I haven't sewn anything since high school and for that reason I'm pretty happy with the outcome of my handy work. There are a lot of mistakes but it's a Halloween costume and it looks the way it's suppose to so I am happy. I have decided that I will wear shorts underneath it though as I tend to crawl on the floor while I'm at work.

After sewing the dress I watched a movie "with B". Quotations are there because he was in the room but he was still working on the lap top. We watched "Meet the Robinsons". Such a cute movie! Oh...gotta go...I'll finish this up later...got to go on a date now. Ok we're back from our date night. It was so good! I had the Thai chicken salad with an ice tea and B had a pulled pork sandwich. Super yum! It was also nice to have an actual conversation. Than we went to Starbucks and I got a very yummy hazelnut hot chocolate and B got a pumpkin spiced latte. It made me want to drive around and look at Christmas lights. But since tomorrow is Halloween Christmas lights won't be up yet, not until next weekend anyways ;)

I'm so looking forward to Christmas! I really enjoy the holidays! I'm ready to make a gingerbread house, especially since we just got a "bulk barn" down the road which is a lovely store full of candy in bulk! So inspirational! They have everything you can think of, even those chocolate wafers that you use for the roof in multiple colours!!! I'm talking at least 6 different colours! So excited!

I'm also really looking forward to Christmas break! I love that our job is closed down so it's not even an option to work through the holiday!

Wow, so I totally went off on a tangent. I was telling you about this weekend. I finished the weekend off by sleeping in today. Well, I originally got up just before 7am. I did a little internet searching and decided I would just stay up for the day. However, about an hour later my tiredness caught up with me and I went back to sleep (on the couch this time). When I woke up I thought it might have been 9:30 or 10 at the latest. I looked at the clock and it said, 12:23. What?! How in the world did that happen? I haven't slept in that long for who knows how long! I went and woke B up and told him it was 12:30 and he shot up in bed and couldn't believe it either. So needless to say we didn't make it to church today. I had to run out to the store to find some of the finishing touches of my costume, white tights (which I've decided against - I'll just wear some shorts underneath) and red shoes (which I found for fairly cheap). I was happy with my little finds. Than I went to another store and found that all their Halloween candy was 5 dollars cheaper than their competitors same box of candy. So I loaded up! I bought mostly candy that contains nuts in it (because those are B and my favourites and if there's going to be any left overs we may as well enjoy them) and I bought one box of nut free candy for those kiddos with nut allergies and yes I will be asking! I was in a conversation the other day where the person was explaining that their child has to give away a lot of their candy because it contains nuts. How sad for that little one. So I want to be mindful! Than I went grocery shopping and once my people meter overloaded I came home to find B still working. But than as you know we finally got that date!

Well that's all there is to report for now!
Michelle

No comments:

Followers